The Complete and Undeniable Truth

You need to watch this. It's 20 minutes, but you really need to watch this. This guy tells it like it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5mZ5...&feature=share
I think he goes too far. He should probably switch to decaf. He's doesn't sound libertarian. He sounds more like an anarchist. We are not slaves to the government. We still vote. We still choose elected representatives that do our bidding. Everything he rails against can be changed in the existing system. Laws against prostitution and marijuana, can be abolished if that is what the majority chooses.

Our system is not perfect, but I'm pretty sure this guy can't propose a workable system that would be any better.
However, I think he has accurately conceptualized the general population, Especially when it comes to willful ignorance on the part of the masses. That's the scary part.
The average citizen is certainly ill informed and vulnerable to demagogues like Obama. I do think
Rose has a valid point about taxation being theft. We might as well have a system that just allows poor people to legally steal from the rich. Just give them licenses to steal. It would cut out the government that squanders most of what they steal on behalf of the poor for administrative costs.
The current income tax system is theft. The underlying presumption of the income tax is that what you earn is not yours. You are only allowed to keep what the government decrees you can keep. If you try to keep any more of the money your earn over what the government thinks you could have, the will come take that money by force.
  • Doove
  • 08-13-2012, 04:06 AM
He's doesn't sound libertarian. He sounds more like an anarchist. Originally Posted by joe bloe
There's a difference?

However, I think he has accurately conceptualized the general population, Especially when it comes to willful ignorance on the part of the masses. That's the scary part. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Willful ignorance? Where does getting your news solely from sources whose only intent is to make the President look bad fall in being willfully ingnorant?

If you try to keep any more of the money your earn over what the government thinks you could have, the will come take that money by force. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Nobody is forcing anyone to have an income. It's a choice.

Find a spot in the wilderness, build yourself a hut, live off the land, and you won't need to pay taxes.
Find a spot in the wilderness, build yourself a hut, live off the land, and you won't need to pay taxes. Originally Posted by Doove
find a spot on your couch, watch judge judy all day, play with your daughters grandbaby until its more like work than play, then let them roam wild, vote democrat and you will get an income and you dont have to pay taxes either

(startedto fix daughter's grandbaby to your grandbaby but it might be more accurate as is)
  • Dawgs
  • 08-13-2012, 08:13 AM
The current income tax system is worse than theft and full of holes. Only 50% are paying and the ones that don't want more. It is time we went with the Fair Tax. The rich would still be paying more as they are the ones that are buying the high dollar toys. Everybody that is in the states would be paying. Illegals, Foriegn tourists, drug dealers all would be paying to support our infrastructure.
Enough with the complaints; what is your solution ?
Doove is wrong again. Find your hut, live off the land and you are still responsible for filing and paying property taxes. If the land was a gift then it is still your property and it is taxed. If you are allowed to live under the protection of someone's else property rights you still have to file or be a law breaker. Of course if you by the smalles little trinket there is still sales tax.
  • CJ7
  • 08-13-2012, 12:27 PM
find a spot on your couch, watch judge judy all day, play with your daughters grandbaby until its more like work than play, then let them roam wild, vote democrat and you will get an income and you dont have to pay taxes either

(startedto fix daughter's grandbaby to your grandbaby but it might be more accurate as is)

Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought

the voice of experience has spoken
  • CJ7
  • 08-13-2012, 12:29 PM
The current income tax system is worse than theft and full of holes. Only 50% are paying and the ones that don't want more. It is time we went with the Fair Tax. The rich would still be paying more as they are the ones that are buying the high dollar toys. Everybody that is in the states would be paying. Illegals, Foriegn tourists, drug dealers all would be paying to support our infrastructure. Originally Posted by Dawgs

if only 50% are paying , a fair tax makes everyone pay...

isnt that raising taxes?

republicans are pledged not to do that ... well, except Romney
if only 50% are paying , a fair tax makes everyone pay...

isnt that raising taxes?

republicans are pledged not to do that ... well, except Romney Originally Posted by CJ7
Learn about it before spouting stupidity. It's easy. www.fairtax.org
Enough with the complaints; what is your solution ? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
A peaceful, non-violent revolution, starting with the electoral process wherein we vote out all the "electable" candidates, and replace them with candidates who are "unelectable" yet love liberty and respect the Constitution.

We need a massive education campaign informing citizens of how their rights are being taken away, and in fact, many have already been taken away. We need to inform them that what they see is not what they get when they elect Democrats or Republicans. Look at the promises Obama made. He hasn't kept a single one of significance, yet he will probably win re-election. Why do we reward liars?

It won't be easy. It may not even happen. There are too many people with lots of money who have a vested interest in the status quo, and their media synchophants will destroy anyone who comes forward with common sense. Why else would a candidate who promised to balance the budget, reign in our military and to adhere to the Constitution be deemed "unelectable"? Yet candidates who lie, we know they lie, they continue to lie even after their lie has been shown to be a lie, are considered "electable"?

That's partly why I think a second Obama term may be just the thing we need to shake some sense into the few of us who aren't captivated by the MSM. Once we stare directly down the barrel of fascism, and see just where Obama is taking us in the short term, and where Romney will take us in just a little longer time, we might see some effective protests to what is really going on here.

That's my solution. Such as it is. Flame away. I know you will.
LIke you say; reelecting Obama will guarantee that we go off the economic cliff sooner.

How you jump to your velvet revolution from a 2nd Obama term is beyond me; If we get Obama and go over the cliff, the revolution that follows will likely be decades of deeper facism followed by a revolution that looks more like the French Revolution (blood mob rule) than the American Revolution (idea driven revolution of mankind liberty)....

A Romney win, especially if he is serious about turning the tables on our spending, debt, and size of government, buys us time and possibly regains our Constitution......in any event I am in no rush to get to the future that Obama is certain to bring on us.

You will not get your Libertarian utopia, sorry COG...another lifetime maybe.