Pet Peeve

Quoting a 4000 line post, or one with a dozen pictures, just to follow it up with a "+1"!

If you've got something to say about the post, please use the "cut" feature and trim the quote to the relevant section you are commenting on.
Quoting a 4000 line post, or one with a dozen pictures, just to follow it up with a "+1"!

If you've got something to say about the post, please use the "cut" feature and trim the quote to the relevant section you are commenting on. +1 LOL I have to agree with you but if there is a quote button folks are going to use it instead of all that cutting and pasting hogwash.I guess I just scroll down because I have already read what has been quoted.
Many times people will quote a long post in case the original gets edited. You can catch people saying some of the craziest things.
Never thought of that. Thanks Ansley.
+1 LOL I have to agree with you but if there is a quote button folks are going to use it instead of all that cutting and pasting hogwash.I guess I just scroll down because I have already read what has been quoted. Originally Posted by Lucky LaRue
Wasn't suggesting cut-n-paste, just please edit out the unnecessary stuff, or just quick-post if you're impatient.
I primarily use a tablet and it can be hell scrolling down 15 inches worth of text.

If you've got something to say about the post, please use the "cut" feature and trim the quote to the relevant section you are commenting on. Originally Posted by FoulRon

If you've got something to say about the post, please use the "cut" feature and trim the quote to the relevant section you are commenting on. +1 LOL I have to agree with you but if there is a quote button folks are going to use it instead of all that cutting and pasting hogwash.I guess I just scroll down because I have already read what has been quoted. Originally Posted by Lucky LaRue
Many times people will quote a long post in case the original gets edited. You can catch people saying some of the craziest things. Originally Posted by Ansley
Never thought of that. Thanks Ansley. Originally Posted by Lucky LaRue
Wasn't suggesting cut-n-paste, just please edit out the unnecessary stuff, or just quick-post if you're impatient.
I primarily use a tablet and it can be hell scrolling down 15 inches worth of text. Originally Posted by FoulRon
First World Problems. Great thread.
I almost quoted JohnnyCap just so I could +1 the thread.....

See! Sometimes I can be a real adult! Yay!

Excuse me now, I have to go watch Toy Story 3.
this is why eccie needs a neg/rep system.
As a former mod of a board that used a rep system.....

Rep systems suck. They cause hurt feelings and drama. In less than a month, the resident troll and his friends will start seeking negative rep as a way to show others that the rep system is broken. The other group of trolls will try to accrue as much rep as possible to "bully" the newbies. Also, "GIVE ME REP PLZZZZZ" posts run rampant and there will literally be +rep circle jerk threads. Which the mods will have to spend time dealing with because a lurker's feelings got hurt that they didn't think of it first. The sandbox on national and local boards will become a cesspool of recycled memes in hopes that someone hasn't ever read reddit and will give the poster +rep. Not to mention the inevitable flame war that occurs when someone decides to -rep the resident special princess/prince of the board.

Sorry to go off-topic, but as boisterous as this board is I just don't think a rep system would work out well.

Rep systems suck. They cause hurt feelings and drama. In less than a month, the resident troll and his friends will start seeking negative rep as a way to show others that the rep system is broken. The other group of trolls will try to accrue as much rep as possible to "bully" the newbies. Also, "GIVE ME REP PLZZZZZ" posts run rampant and there will literally be +rep circle jerk threads. Which the mods will have to spend time dealing with because a lurker's feelings got hurt that they didn't think of it first. The sandbox on national and local boards will become a cesspool of recycled memes in hopes that someone hasn't ever read reddit and will give the poster +rep. Not to mention the inevitable flame war that occurs when someone decides to -rep the resident special princess/prince of the board.

Sorry to go off-topic, but as boisterous as this board is I just don't think a rep system would work out well. Originally Posted by SAangel27
+1
FYI: If you have nothing more to add but a "+1", please consider the "Like" button.
"+1" posts are really only useful for non-graphical forums like email lists and Usenet.
Of course they do work as a quick way to post that ad that's in your sig if you're a provider (and perhaps skirt the rules).

Sorry to go off-topic, but as boisterous as this board is I just don't think a rep system would work out well. Originally Posted by SAangel27
i disagree. it all comes out in the wash. at least a rep system gives you a quick and private way to communicate your thoughts.
FYI: If you have nothing more to add but a "+1", please consider the "Like" button.
"+1" posts are really only useful for non-graphical forums like email lists and Usenet.
Of course they do work as a quick way to post that ad that's in your sig if you're a provider (and perhaps skirt the rules). Originally Posted by FoulRon
We value your opinion and appreciate the lessons on what our +1's are actually good for.....I love to learn!

And thank you kind sir for pointing out that providers might perhaps skirt rules and use this advertising board as a means to advertise in whatever way they might or not. you picked up on that rather quickly! A+

As for all ya'll +1 offenders.....shame on you! He's got a freakin' tablet and ya'll are causing him to scroll....let's cut him some slack, will ya please?

Thank you OP for posting such a thought provoking thread.....I always appreciate the chance to advertise......
☆ Little Kitten ☆
P411: www.preferred411.com/P123251
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ModelDaniReid
Travel Dates:
Miami, FL 7/4-7/8
Philadelphia, PA 7/8-7/13
Baltimore, MD 7/13-7/17

Made that bitch travel the world now they call her Worldtravler - Young Mula Baby

+1

Sensually Stroking.........one ego at a time......mmmmm Come to me, you sexy manimal!

Previously known as: M A X

P411 Gents P20865

My email

+1

I use a tablet too.
First World Problems. Great thread. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Yeah... if that's the worst thing I have to deal with today, I'm doing pretty damn good.

Now, everyone LOOK AT MY AD!!!