look at the puppy though

so for those of you that know me, i had to put down a really awesome dog last month unexpectedly. broke me cold little heart. Miss you Sophie :c RIP

Anyways...
I'll be traveling this week to go look at some GSD pups that will be available in August. They're quite cute! This is the one I've picked out. His name is probably going to be Bear. Say hi, Bear!

I've raised big dogs before, mostly pit mixes. Bear won't be coming home until August which gives me plenty of time to research on the breed and get advice from people who have owned this kind of dog.
He's a GSD/black lab mix. Parents are super sweet, dad is very calm and mixed and the mom is active, but both are super well behaved from my interactions with them. I'm so excited, hes so cute, look at his widdle paws!

Has anyone owned a GSD before? Is there anything I need to keep in mind, or advice? Have any fun stories of your dog? I plan on getting him into classes ASAP. I'm super active as well, very much looking forward to having a hiking buddy again. Plus protection against the general city riff raff.

yawning Bear + mom in the background
elghund's are cute Sir
and don't yap a lot
Always research the breed before you bring it home. Don't commit to something you may not be prepared for. Very active, need stimulation/training. Thier intelligence is Incredible, but if you aren't the alpha- you never will be. That doesn't mean you have to be dominant or overbearing. But any animal needs a job and a rank (especially working type animals)
Sorry to hear about your dog. Thats a cute puppy there though.
Always research the breed before you bring it home. Don't commit to something you may not be prepared for. Very active, need stimulation/training. Thier intelligence is Incredible, but if you aren't the alpha- you never will be. That doesn't mean you have to be dominant or overbearing. But any animal needs a job and a rank (especially working type animals) Originally Posted by BakeWakeNShake
she the alpha with her clients ???
Always research the breed before you bring it home. Don't commit to something you may not be prepared for. Very active, need stimulation/training. Thier intelligence is Incredible, but if you aren't the alpha- you never will be. That doesn't mean you have to be dominant or overbearing. But any animal needs a job and a rank (especially working type animals) Originally Posted by BakeWakeNShake
Very good points, I'm reading up and watching some stuff on them. I'm pretty active myself, just hit letchworth today for a ~10 mile meandering with some friends. Looking forward to seeing how far we can push the limits as far as obedience and training goes. I def am going to have to do more research into how to make sure he feels fulfilled in his day to day life so there isn't any question as to who the alpha is. I'm not super worried about this, I've had big dogs my whole life, but really one can never tell them too few times.
Sorry to hear about your dog. Thats a cute puppy there though. Originally Posted by Rainbird4668
Thanks :c Only had her a few months, she had medical issues I wasn't made aware of. Letting my heart heal still, but greatly looking forward to getting Bear at the end of the summer.
Did you get her from dans kennels ? Notorious puppy mill
I'm not getting him from a mill, hes coming from an accidental litter. Part of a facebook group following him and his gang.

Met him & siblings & parents today!
Hes so cuuuuute
He is a righteous chonk

weigh ins this week! he's the chonkiest at 6lbs
he will make you a good pimp I bet Sir

one I see I always take a bone with me for her puppy pimp
shhhhh keeps her from watching play with the master

I forgot, ya name your pimp yet Sir
Cute pup.