so about this whole apocalypse thing..

• pxmcc
  • 04-24-2020, 07:41 AM
so a major meat packing plant had to shut down operations due to covid-19. other breakdowns in the supply chain have already occurred. i can't get hydrogen peroxide for my plants nor can i get bleach to wash my whites and for house cleaning. apparently toilet paper is in short supply, but the run on tp is evidence that we're not the smartest group of people on earth imo..

so in this thread, worst case scenario, i want to address food. suppose things get so bad that most of the grocery stores have run short on food amidst panicked-buying hoarders and a disruption of global supply chains. what are creative ways we could address a shortage of food?

i will start with some ideas and would like to hear from y'all creative workarounds.

braes bayou, which i live next to, has a zillion fish, many of which are not only edible but delicious. i think buffalo bayou has even more. memorial park has enough wild herbs to make a salad for a small army. the greenways like terry hershey park between bw8 and katy have a ton of rabbits, and there used to be packs of pigs in the same area. (i had a whole lot of fun giving wild pig packs a heart attack on my mountain bike by scaring the bejeezus out of them with a sudden bright bike light and a terrifying roar lol.) i'm sure in the right areas, there still are a lot of pigs, such as a pack that killed (and i think mostly ate) a woman in the woodlands.

herb and fruit gardens are fun and productive too. houston is great for plants. you can grow almost anything here. for example, i have an apple tree that just flowered for the first time, and a bunch of other fruit trees/bushes as well, including papaya, pineapple, pomegranite, avacado, citrus, beautyberry (from memorial park), blackberry (from memorial park) etc, everything grown from grocery store fruits or wild plants, except for the pineapple. (i dunno, i must be dumb cause i can't seem to grow pineapples from a pineapple.)

what are ya'lls' thoughts on creative ways we can feed our city if things go south?
Cannibalism.....
Cannibalism..... Originally Posted by Russ38
You prefer white or dark meat ? I need to know this.
They’ll both make a turd in an apocalyptic pinch.....
Chest freezer full of venison. If I run low I've got plenty of bullets.
4 acre private pond stocked with bass.
  • pxmcc
  • 04-24-2020, 12:22 PM
lol..
4 acre private pond stocked with bass. Originally Posted by Bankshot
that's great Bank. that's the kinda shit that will get you through the apocalypse with no worries.
4 acre private pond stocked with bass. Originally Posted by Bankshot

Sustainability...I like it. Should make the green new deal people happy too.
  • pxmcc
  • 04-24-2020, 02:32 PM
Sustainability...I like it. Should make the green new deal people happy too. Originally Posted by boardman
+1 sir! very eco-friendly.
That and I like killing shit.
  • pxmcc
  • 04-24-2020, 02:37 PM
That and I like killing shit. Originally Posted by Bankshot
i don't judge sir. anyone who eats meat should be willing to do the same, if not necessarily for the exact same reason..
Spoken like a true red-blooded American......
Yep...that's not a surprise. All men will have to answer to God someday for this type of blood lust.
They’ll both make a turd in an apocalyptic pinch..... Originally Posted by Russ38
Start with the fat people! Tender and a whole lot of meat, plus they won’t be able to run away as easily. . We can get our other shooting buddies and go hunting.! Y’all clean it and I’ll cook it!
Oh and I also have a garden so I’ll be alright, plus there are a lot of animals Around.

But this is a non issue at the moment because we shut down Texas and took away people’s sources of income for nothing ! What? Like 500 out of 29 million of Texans died due to COMPLICATIONS of corona ! Check out the amount of Texans who die in car accidents, heart disease, cancer, or murdered by other people.
Open up bars and restaurants and bring me back my sports GDI!
  • pxmcc
  • 04-24-2020, 08:18 PM
Yep...that's not a surprise. All men will have to answer to God someday for this type of blood lust. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
i dunno, probably testosterone's fault. Bank have you been tested for high T? i hear they have some great remedies for that. just careful not to take too much..