pressure to reopen economy

The economic pressure to return to semi-normal economic activity is immense. If this went on much longer, many companies would default on loan obligations, overwhelm the banking industry, and may even cause a run on the banks. Oil storage facilities are nearly full, which would cause no place to put newly produced oil.....completely shutting down the industry.

Prediction: even if the virus stages a comeback after re-opening, no way will another stay at home order be given

Does the governor order supercede the county orders on re-openings, masks, etc ?

Prediction: if you buy stock in the cruise lines and airlines now, a year later you will be happy you did.
A spike is inevitable in some places. Why? Because they didn't let it run through the population.

There will be some Democratic governors who will re-issue stay at home orders. Then they'll run to the feds for more bailout money, especially close to a national election.

Very difficult to have a MLB or NFL season if just 3 states issue a stay at home order.
Even in LIBERAL California! The pressure is ramping up.

I always thought we would open slowly. Maybe if Fire Code in a restaurant was a 100 people maximum. The Maximum lower in a restaurant would be 30. Then maybe up to 50 (half capacity). It may be we take a step backwards, before going forward.

It might be we take a step back and may be months before we attend a sporting event.
  • pxmcc
  • 04-28-2020, 08:51 PM
following trump's advice is generally a darwinian exercise, so there's that..
  • pxmcc
  • 04-28-2020, 11:44 PM
i ran out of time to edit my post, but all the reopen protesters should be assigned 16 hour shifts 6 days a week to work as orderlies at major covid-19 epicenters with some ppe, hopefully, if it's available. on the 7th day, they can resume their protests. that would be fun to watch. hopefully the trumpkins will all take their cue from the Orange Clown. the herd needs to be culled of idiots.

if your elected officials don't care about your life but are more concerned about getting reelected-Trump is Exhibit A-take it upon yourself to care for yourself and your friends and family by doing what public health experts are recommending. more people in the U.S. have already died from covid-19 than all the soldiers we lost in Vietnam. and we just passed the million mark for known infected in the U.S.

i may be one of the last of the Mohicans-the crazy prophet in the wilderness-but i'm not going to stop speaking the truth until some ballsy person shuts me up and i'm 6 feet under.
For someone who doesn't watch the tube you sure took that Vietnam reference that came out yesterday and ran with it.

80 million people died in the period of WWII. So what?

Mother nature is undefeated. Thinck about that.
Px....you can whatever beliefs you want but this board is not the place to preach them. Find a political blog somewhere or something similar.
Maybe go find some trees to hug.
You know what this board is Supposed to be used for. Why are you trying to make your own little private political world. No one here really gives a shit about your political views here.
  • pxmcc
  • 04-29-2020, 03:46 PM
For someone who doesn't watch the tube you sure took that Vietnam reference that came out yesterday and ran with it.

80 million people died in the period of WWII. So what?

Mother nature is undefeated. Thinck about that. Originally Posted by boardman
i read sir. quite a bit. everything except Politburo News. reading is better for the brain, imo. if you're interested, try it for a week and you will see that it is much better. the vietnam reference was from an article on Slate.

Px....you can whatever beliefs you want but this board is not the place to preach them. Find a political blog somewhere or something similar.
Maybe go find some trees to hug.
You know what this board is Supposed to be used for. Why are you trying to make your own little private political world. No one here really gives a shit about your political views here. Originally Posted by tbone2u
no worries tbone. the topic is re-opening. my post was on topic with a tiny bit of relevant commentary about why politicians are pushing for re-opening and whether we should follow trump's public health recs.

my thesis is/was that reopening should follow the guidance of public health officials, not politicians. we can agree to disagree, i suppose, but i'm in compliance with the board rules, as far as i can see.
Reading, watching, listening.

It is apparent that you are not consuming accurate information rather you are looking for information that already supports your views. Affirmation if you will.
  • pxmcc
  • 04-30-2020, 07:05 AM
Reading, watching, listening.

It is apparent that you are not consuming accurate information rather you are looking for information that already supports your views. Affirmation if you will. Originally Posted by boardman
can you provide an example?
An example?
Go back and read anything you've had to say the last two weeks. It obviously comes from sources that are not reputable and does nothing but support your agenda.
You stated in the other thread that you got something from slate. Are you familiar with the term "slate pitches"?

Your sources are not credible for news. Not that there are really any credible sources but if you apply critical thinking skills, which you clearly don't, you can sort out the bias and the bull shit and come up with your own opinions instead of regurgitating the opinions of people who have an agenda.

Might as well be citing Bill Maher or Colbert.
  • pxmcc
  • 04-30-2020, 11:01 AM
^^you think Politburo news is more accurate lol? i've never imagined that a news organization could be so full of shit.

how bout this. show me one fact i said that is incorrect. just one.
You rarely post facts. You post a lot of opinions based on what you think to be facts or what you read in Mad Magazine apparently.

I've corrected your mistakes countless times. You know that, I know that and anyone reading this forum knows it. I'm not inclined to go back digging for it so I can prove you wrong again but one thing that quickly comes to mind is your opinion opinion on Capt. Crozier. It was totally uniformed.
following trump's advice is generally a darwinian exercise, so there's that.. Originally Posted by pxmcc
can you provide an example? Originally Posted by pxmcc
...show me one fact i said that is incorrect. just one. Originally Posted by pxmcc
See the "darwinian" statement of fact above.
  • pxmcc
  • 04-30-2020, 11:55 AM
You rarely post facts. You post a lot of opinions based on what you think to be facts or what you read in Mad Magazine apparently.

I've corrected your mistakes countless times. You know that, I know that and anyone reading this forum knows it. I'm not inclined to go back digging for it so I can prove you wrong again but one thing that quickly comes to mind is your opinion opinion on Capt. Crozier. It was totally uniformed. Originally Posted by boardman
i stand by my opinion about Capt. Crozier, and am in agreement with the chief of naval operations. you would have a boy stand on a burning deck because that's his post; i would tell him to jump in the water to save himself. clearly it is a matter about which reasonable minds can differ.

you are correct that you know more about the military. i concede the point.

your "refutations" are simply your opinion about my opinion, nothing more.

i enjoy your commentary, even though we rarely agree-i think you're one of the smarter fucktards on the board-but if you think i'm a dumbass, i won't be offended if you put me on ignore. all good. go for it.