Reliving my youth

Nintendo came out with a NES mini system last year with 30 games pre loaded on it. They recently announced they are not making them anymore.

A friend of mine is out of town for a while and was kind enough to lend me his for a couple of weeks. These are the games available:

Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Ghosts’n Gobline
Gradius
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby’s Adventure
Mario Bros.
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Needless to say, I've less than productive as of late.
Nintendo came out with a NES mini system last year with 30 games pre loaded on it. They recently announced they are not making them anymore.

A friend of mine is out of town for a while and was kind enough to lend me his for a couple of weeks. These are the games available:

Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Ghosts’n Gobline
Gradius
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby’s Adventure
Mario Bros.
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Needless to say, I've less than productive as of late. Originally Posted by FreezyIce
Never really played original Nintendo. I did play Super Nintendo a bit. Some of those games I was playing in coin-op arcades when I was a teenager though, long ago.
I love my NES Classic - there's something about the simplicity of classic games that makes them so enjoyable. Looking forward to the SNES Classic, when it becomes available.
Wasn't there some deal about having to blow in the cartridges if they didn't work? Seems like I remember seeing that somewhere.
Yes! Back in the day. Only way to get them to work.
Pain in the ass
Nintendo came out with a NES mini system last year with 30 games pre loaded on it. They recently announced they are not making them anymore. Originally Posted by FreezyIce
I'm kinda surprised. I follow the ThinkGeek website for geek related crap I want to buy, and it seemed that whenever ThinkGeek got a supply of the NES Minis they'd sell out of them in hours (maybe minutes). Seemed to me that Nintendo could sell a lot more of them to nostalgic Gen-Xers. (Is that the right generation? I'm colorblind in that area of the spectrum...)

Cheers,

bcg
I'm kinda surprised. I follow the ThinkGeek website for geek related crap I want to buy, and it seemed that whenever ThinkGeek got a supply of the NES Minis they'd sell out of them in hours (maybe minutes). Seemed to me that Nintendo could sell a lot more of them to nostalgic Gen-Xers. (Is that the right generation? I'm colorblind in that area of the spectrum...)

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Yes on the generation. That's where I belong and they were released and popular when I was school aged.
why quit making something you cant keep enough of, sounds like terrible business to me, they are all up in arms about this switch thing, but i bet those are available everywhere, lady at best buy told me they sold 100 switches the first week, i said how many classics did you sell the first week, her reply they sold out in 1 hour lol, 2+2=6