Can anyone help???

Need to scrub my laptop so I can give it back to my relative....... If any clients can help let them have my # and it will be worth major discount on massage for them. Let me Know!! LOVE you ALL!!!!

Maxie 289-9013
  • Carl
  • 12-27-2012, 02:17 PM
If you can't get it done, you could just get a second compatible laptop and swap out hard drives.
If you have Install media, like Windows, boot from CD and initiate a new Install. It should offer you a format of the disk (low level format will be best).
While this is NOT 100% nerd proof, assuming this is a friendly relative, it will probably be good enough.
If you want 99.9% security, google for "disk scrubbing software"
Hope this helps and be careful out there :-)
If you have Install media, like Windows, boot from CD and initiate a new Install. It should offer you a format of the disk (low level format will be best).
While this is NOT 100% nerd proof, assuming this is a friendly relative, it will probably be good enough.
If you want 99.9% security, google for "disk scrubbing software"
Hope this helps and be careful out there :-) Originally Posted by fun2come
Yeah, a format a reload should do it as stated above. If it's fairly current you may be able to do a factory restore (like it's
new out of the box) from a utility menu (f2, f8. Etc. At boot).

If all else fails pm me.
I'm happy to help darlin!
Maxie,

I do some computer forensics work and can scrub it so there is no way to retrieve anything. I am out of town until Tuesday but if you still need a hand just let me know.

Austin
Thank you all for the tremendous help!!! Got that done....... Now can anyone come over and help me figure out how to work the new laptop????? IT'S LIKE WATCHING A RETARDED 6 YR OLD on a piano...... funny, huh? Not for me!!! Would be worth something to me......! Plus you all need massages after the holiday season anyway.
Gee, are you one of the victims of the Windows 8 tragedy?