Hobby Money

• GOJC
  • 09-24-2014, 04:25 AM
For people that enjoy any leisure activity in life, there is usually a monetary trade off attached to frequency and degree of one's enjoyment. For the guys, how hard is it to budget for hobby expenses? For the ladies, if you made more would you work less?
Just buy a good printer.
  • ktiix
  • 09-24-2014, 05:33 AM
I have 90% disposable income, my budget exceeds my ability to perform.
For me, with my travel schedule for work and the fact that, on a good month, I may be home 5 days for the entire month, it's a million times more difficult to budget time.
  • GOJC
  • 09-24-2014, 06:19 AM
For me, with my travel schedule for work and the fact that, on a good month, I may be home 5 days for the entire month, it's a million times more difficult to budget time. Originally Posted by rf23817
Wow! I'm sure it poses its own problems, but that has to be way less stressful than money management.
  • GOJC
  • 09-24-2014, 06:22 AM
I have 90% disposable income, my budget exceeds my ability to perform. Originally Posted by ktiix
Does disposable mean that you don't care where it goes, or that you cover all of your needs with just 10%? If the latter is the case, then I should spend less and earn more.
  • GOJC
  • 09-24-2014, 06:25 AM
Just buy a good printer. Originally Posted by pyramider
I'll place it right next to my money tree to get me through the winter. When that goes up in flames please come visit me in federal prison. Maybe I could find a way to develop a prison ECCIE and monetize it...(the hamster is spinning-look at what you started lol)
  • ktiix
  • 09-24-2014, 07:05 AM
Does disposable mean that you don't care where it goes, or that you cover all of your needs with just 10%? If the latter is the case, then I should spend less and earn more. Originally Posted by GOJC
All my expenses come to 10% of my earnings
im a disabled navy veteran on a fixed income. i have to save my pennys for this hobby. So if you want to donate to the get a vet laid program i am accepting donations of 20 dollar bills or higher.
Set your priorities. I find that eating is overrated.
  • ktiix
  • 09-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Set your priorities. I find that eating is overrated. Originally Posted by daty/o
Hypocrisy!
Eating pussy is however, very under rated. Its the best of both worlds. Fat free, no carbs, burns calories, and the satisfaction level is over the top
  • GOJC
  • 09-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Eating pussy is however, very under rated. Its the best of both worlds. Fat free, no carbs, burns calories, and the satisfaction level is over the top Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
On the down side, it doesn't stick with you like a bowl of oatmeal now matter how much they resemble one another... or does it?
i usually have to save several weeks
Not hard at all to save money. I make a decent hourly wage and overtime is always available. 10 hours of OT a week covers my needs for the hobby.