Suggestion Box

• GP
  • 02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
It has been brought to my attention by a local mod that if there is enough demand for it, it could get the attention of the all powerful board admins and they might make a section of the forum for local issues called the suggestion box. If you agree with this idea, please feel free to discuss your ideas on the subject. Don't forget to vote.

EDIT: Please feel free to discuss if you disagree also.
GP I think its a great idea. ED
For what it's worth, there is one located in the national forum area.

National Suggestion & Feedback Forum
I vote no. As you have PM, Ask the mods, coed, men\lady's rooms and the sandbox. Then any thread any where, where it would be on topic. ouch did I just say "on topic". I must be losing my mind.(short trip) anyways back to topic. That has worked before as upstate NY was asked for in a PM. Thanks iggy, even if it did not worked out as you wished.

This would also leave more control to the owners. And not have feelings to give in to mob rule.

Hay it only took one person for us all to get stuck with the "like" button. errrr maybe I better not go there

So I see no need for it. As it will or will not get done for the same reason no matter where or how you pitch your idea.
No opinion. I have seen many such boxes from the work place to volunteer organizations. I have been on the "put the suggestion in the box side" and the "get the suggestions from the box so we as owners or managemanet can discuss them side".
The only way it works is if the suggestions are made public so the rank and file can see how the administration is handeling them. We have that already. Our forums are open forums. If the box is closed so only management sees what is in there, then management does what it damn pleases with them because they are management and the rank and file are not aware of the details and the decisions. Apparently according to some we have that now. So if a suggestion box will make some feel better because they think it will make difference, by all means put it in. If it just means more work for the mods and owners and more distrust in how decisions are made, forget about it.
Just my 2 $.00
Thanks for 2$.00 . Put the whole thing in better perspective for me.
IMHO, the current "Questions for the Staff" forum can be used to accommodate such suggestion posts.
  • GP
  • 02-12-2011, 02:08 PM
I would like to see it more interactive instead of a place where a suggestion is made and ignored by the staff and then the thread dies. The "Question for the Staff" section is for questions.
I would like to see it more interactive instead of a place where a suggestion is made and ignored by the staff and then the thread dies. The "Question for the Staff" section is for questions. Originally Posted by GP
That is precisely my point. "Questions" can mean "Questions and Suggestions". Many of the threads there are already highly interactive, e.g., http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=117542.
  • GP
  • 02-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah, but we can't bash the mods in that section. They cry when we do. lol, j/k
  • oklib
  • 02-12-2011, 02:21 PM
I say no when I have had issues I
p.m. a mod,and they take care of it.
If they do not then put it on
the board for action.
Use the tools we have,we could
lose the good people we have.
Just my 2 cents.
Mr. Bill
  • GP
  • 02-12-2011, 02:26 PM
That's part of the problem. There have been issues and they have not been taken care of. This would hopefully be a way to help solve some of these problems that have been ignored. When some things have been brought before the board, they have been shut down too soon.
problems!!!!!! what problems????????

one will not always get his/her way in life.
  • LynnT
  • 02-12-2011, 03:51 PM
You have to remember this is a forum board.. just like life you cant please everyone.

Look how many i pissed off.

If there is a main suggestion box and we can already contact mods for help, etc.. I dont see the point of a local one. Why give them more work? We have a suggestion box. My understanding as they volunteer to moderate? Right?

Do you really think its going to make a big difference? I just see it as more work for them when we can already contact them.

As much as i dont like some things around here, its the net, a forum, and life is just a bitch sometimes. You grin & bare it and just keep trucking along.
Regardless of whether there is a need for a separate dedicated forum, suggestions are always welcome.

Let me offer one observation, which I hope will not be interpreted as too self-serving. Certain pursuits in life, however relentless, can be futile. Finding a discussion board with no "problems" run by saintly moderators may be one of them.