Spring time is coming

so now that winter is melting away and spring is upon us what are you looking forward to this spring? Me personally I am looking forward to returning to NY and bringing a friend along.....and showing her her NY and how great the people are up there....
  • LynnT
  • 02-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Im anxiously awaiting the warmth. I have fun day job stuff to do, this cold and snow puts a damper in my fun.
Riley, we look forward to your next visit.

Unfortunately, while we are anticipating the arrival of spring, they are forecasting yet another snow storm tomorrow in WNY that might throw a monkey wrench into my well-laid plans.

Unfortunately, while we are anticipating the arrival of spring, they are forecasting yet another snow storm tomorrow in WNY that might throw a monkey wrench into my well-laid plans. Originally Posted by jackfengshui

Jack = They may turn into "un-laid" plans.
  • cnym
  • 02-24-2011, 03:09 PM

Unfortunately, while we are anticipating the arrival of spring, they are forecasting yet another snow storm tomorrow in WNY that might throw a monkey wrench into my well-laid plans. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Riley, same here in CNY.

I hope that this snow storm in WNY does not affect any travel from WNY to CNY, otherwise , as jack stated, it will throw a monkey wrench into my plans.

I do not participate in any snow or winter related sports ! No snow mobiles, snow shoes or skiing ! Not even deer hunting! But, I live in this wonderful part of our country called CNY. Snow is nothing more than the nuisance that I have to drive thru !
In a strange way, I am looking forward to opening the pool, cut the grass, tend to the flower gardens and sit at my deck in the evening having a cold beer !
Jack I too have a well laid plan for tomorrow am. Best of luck to you. Hoping mine goes as planned. ED
I am looking forward to it as well...I told one of my guys I was waiting til end of March beginning of April to come up and than kidding said "With my luck a freak snow storm will hit" since everytime I come up mother nature gets freaky with me being up there...LOL....

• cnym
  • 02-24-2011, 06:55 PM
I am looking forward to it as well...I told one of my guys I was waiting til end of March beginning of April to come up and than kidding said "With my luck a freak snow storm will hit" since everytime I come up mother nature gets freaky with me being up there...LOL.... Originally Posted by Irish Vixen
It has been known to snow on Mothers Day in Syracuse, Just Sayin...

Mother's Day is Sunday, May 8, 2011
  • GP
  • 02-24-2011, 07:19 PM
There is no such thing as freak snow storms in Western New York. It is just part of living here.

We have two seasons, Winter and the 4th of July.
no you have three seasons..the third is when my friend and I come up will be hot and steamy...lol
There is no such thing as freak snow storms in Western New York. It is just part of living here.

We have two seasons, Winter and the 4th of July. Originally Posted by GP
All I know is that Summer is going to be in Syracuse on 3/6.
  • LynnT
  • 02-24-2011, 09:39 PM

We have two seasons, Winter and the 4th of July. Originally Posted by GP
In Syracuse its winter or construction, those are our 2 seasons. lol
In Syracuse its winter or construction, those are our 2 seasons. lol Originally Posted by LynnPL
It reminds me of: In Seattle, it only rains once a year - from October to April.
  • LynnT
  • 02-24-2011, 09:47 PM
It reminds me of: In Seattle, it only rains once a year - from October to April. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Totally! I have family there.. too much rain! lol

I just want to live in AZ, love it there. 120 in Tempe then drive an hour to Flagstaff and it 80 and partly cloudy like a nice summer day in NY. Or hey ski in shorts!

Dean Martin - Let it Snow!

mmm maybe this one would be better. with all planing

Dean Martin - ♫ Baby It's Cold Outside ♫

I love snow!!!!!