It's not bait & switch... it's code-sharing!

• S-Man
  • 10-31-2010, 02:31 PM
For those not familiar with the term code-share, it is when one airline sells a seat on another airline as its own. For instance, American Airlines sells seats from Los Angeles to Sydney, Australia. The electronic ticket states an American flight number. Not until you arrive at the gate do you discover the flight is actually operated by Qantas with its own plane and crew.

So, is it really bait & switch? Or have some forward-thinking folks started to code-share?
As long as your getting frequent flyer miles its all good.
Booking on American and flying on Qantas I can deal with.

Still not as advertised but a substitution of "equal or greater value" maybe would be tolerable?

Booking the Concorde and finding a used Greyhound bus at the airport... not so much.
Booking on American and flying on Qantas I can deal with.

Still not as advertised but a substitution of "equal or greater value" maybe would be tolerable?

Booking the Concorde and finding a used Greyhound bus at the airport... not so much. Originally Posted by mansfield
Thinking along the same lines here.....
  • S-Man
  • 10-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Btw, I'm talking about the bait & switch alerts & reviews. I used the example to explain code-sharing.
The funny thing about that is I've actually read a few "bait and switch" reviews. They were the "American -> Quantas" type. If it's in alerts it's all about having to push that greyhound to get it started cuz "the little head made me do it".
If it's in alerts it's all about having to push that greyhound to get it started cuz "the little head made me do it".
If the little head convinces someone to get in the bus after booking the airline they deserve whatever happens
  • S-Man
  • 10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Even the "American -> Qantas" code-sharing can be bad. If you were expecting to see young, hot Aussie/Qantas flight attendants in their sexy uniforms, it can be major downer to end up with American flight attendants on your flight.
Booking the Concorde and finding a used Greyhound bus at the airport... not so much. Originally Posted by mansfield

They both crash . . . What's the difference?
They both crash . . . What's the difference? Originally Posted by pyramider
The quality of the air bags