Logining Out

Everytime I try to log out it will not let me. I have earsed my cookies and made sure to unmark the "remember me" button.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help appreciated..
Just like in the famous Eagles song, "Hotel California"..

....you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

All joking aside, let me know if this is still unresolved. Did you clear your cookies?
I wouldnt mind a hotel california. as long as jade came with me. ha ha wait this aint helping. sorry thinking with the other head
When I click LOGOUT I'm taken to a page that indicates that cookies have been deleted. After exiting IE, restarting IE, and going to eccie, I'm still logged in.
Only after manually clearing my browsing history (including cookies) am I actually logged out. How can I logout?
Do you have the same problem when using another browser like Firefox or Opera?
  • Mokoa
  • 01-20-2010, 11:24 PM
I am using Firefox 3.5.5 and have never had any of the problems described above.
I am using Firefox 3.5.5 and have never had any of the problems described above. Originally Posted by Mokoa
Clarification, please. Do I understand that the problem is the service provider and not the ECCIE site? I "log out" but when I open up the site, I am logged in. Not good in some circles.
Same exact thing with me and I have done all the cookie cleaning, etc. So now I have it removed from the laptop totally. Nothing in favorites and nothing saved in the sign in area.

Must sign in each time and clean it out each time. No problem with other sites, just this one. It actually just started doing that stuff for me within the last month or so. Prior to that once I logged out it brought up a fresh screen.
  • Mokoa
  • 01-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Clarification, please. Do I understand that the problem is the service provider and not the ECCIE site? I "log out" but when I open up the site, I am logged in. Not good in some circles. Originally Posted by LexusLover
For me, everything is working like it is supposed to work. When I log out, I am logged out. The cookies are gone. I also have Firefox set to automatically clear out any data that may have accumulated during the time it was running. When I go to the site to log in again, I am not logged in until I specifically do so.
Same exact thing with me and I have done all the cookie cleaning, etc. So now I have it removed from the laptop totally. Nothing in favorites and nothing saved in the sign in area.

Must sign in each time and clean it out each time. No problem with other sites, just this one. It actually just started doing that stuff for me within the last month or so. Prior to that once I logged out it brought up a fresh screen. Originally Posted by shooter6.5
This is whats happing to me. What do I do?
  • jaxar
  • 01-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Me too, I'm using IE. Was'nt really logged out until I deleted cookie/history/passwords/etc....As for now I'm keeping th 'remember me' box unchecked.

Must sign in each time and clean it out each time. No problem with other sites, just this one. It actually just started doing that stuff for me within the last month or so. Prior to that once I logged out it brought up a fresh screen. Originally Posted by shooter6.5
I am having the same problem on both my home desktop and the laptop I take with me on the road. I normally log on through Internet Explorer and not Firefox. Out of curiosity I tried logging on through Firefox and continued to experience the same problem. And yes, I did make certain that the "remember me" box was NOT checked. It still had my name when I logged on.

Very strange, indeed!
I'm having the same problem when I log back on.
me2
I am following Mokoa's advice and will try using Firefox exclusively to log in. I also went into FF's settings menu and clicked on the link to permanently erase all history immediately. Hopefully, that will take care of the problem!

So far, so good!!!!!