http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/2015/07/northwest-dallas-hotel-is-hub-for-drug-use-prostitution-and-violent-crime-says-city-hall.html/

• mm03
  • 07-19-2015, 08:24 AM
The hotel was built in 1999, right when the boom of new hotels and industrial/office buildings were being built in the same area. It started out a a nice looking place, part of a big chain of upscale (as opposed to Extended Stay America, Crowne Plaza, and Budget Suites) extended stay suites.

My previous office was less than a mile from the Orange, there are no signs indicated that it is a hotel or whatnot. Last time I drove by, it was hot and all the windows are open....so they either have no a/c or not electricity. Finnell is a weird street, on a map it looks like it connects with Vantex...it doesn't, you'll have to drive through the parking lots of a restaurant/catering service and the hotel to get from one to the other.

For just that small isolated area, definitely not a place you want to stop in after dark.

mm
Well for one...... It's Northwest Dallas. That has been an area on the decline for a while ...
goddangit why does the city want to shut down my fun house.

the city wants to get rid of that hotel but then what will the people who live there do? just scatter elsewhere. just moving a problem from one place to another. it's not like the hotel is next door to a school. maybe the next one will be. how about instead of shutting down the hotel they give treatment to addicts?
the hotel's management must have forgotten to pay someone off.
im sad I never got around to visiting there
wow that so sad

the city wants to get rid of that hotel but then what will the people who live there do? just scatter elsewhere. just moving a problem from one place to another. it's not like the hotel is next door to a school. maybe the next one will be. Originally Posted by rabbitsfoot
The area is littered with strip clubs, AMP's, brothels, and other adult themed businesses. In this neighborhood, LE will look the other way until there are multiple homicides and human trafficking cases.

I'm sure Pappa's Steakhouse is thrilled to hear gunshots ringing and to see cracked out SW's walking nearby off Lombardy...
  • motor
  • 07-20-2015, 06:38 PM
goddangit why does the city want to shut down my fun house.

the city wants to get rid of that hotel but then what will the people who live there do? just scatter elsewhere. just moving a problem from one place to another. it's not like the hotel is next door to a school. maybe the next one will be. how about instead of shutting down the hotel they give treatment to addicts?
the hotel's management must have forgotten to pay someone off. Originally Posted by rabbitsfoot
how about you let them move into your house.....ijs
im sad I never got around to visiting there Originally Posted by Hidaka
It's still open
More beggars per square foot than any other area in dallas.
  • motor
  • 07-21-2015, 10:16 PM
how about you let them move into your house.....ijs Originally Posted by motor
thats what I thought....crickets
Had one of my most fun afternoons ever there. Too bad she retired! Looks like the hotel is retiring too. :-(
Explains the lack of activity there; or maybe I'm just going at the wrong times. I wonder of the massive tree clearing around the hotel lead to a slowdown in business.
Why is this an alert? guess I missed several things here?
Why is this an alert? guess I missed several things here? Originally Posted by Ghostrider
well, when the city moves to shut a hotel down and seeks injunctive relief, you can be sure that it is crawling with LE