Secrets of the Phallus: Why Is the Penis Shaped Like That?

While looking for something else, I stumbled upon this article:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...of-the-phallus

Some of the hypotheses are very interesting...
Easy answer, "Because the vagina is shaped like This".
This was studied a long time ago by several universities.

Vassar studied it and proclaimed that the head of penis was there to provide pleasure for the female.

UT studied it and decided that the head of the penis was there to provide pleasure for the male.

Texas A&M studied it and decided the head of the penis was to keep the hand from flying off.
  • Carl
  • 03-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks, GG. Finally, some objective hard science to cite instead of that pseudo-science junk.
Thanks for posting that interesting article, rcoder.

Personally, I have never really wondered about that, but I have had some girlfriends who seemed just fascinated with my penis. Some of them would even talk to my dick as though it was a separate person!

To me, my dick is just a functional tool designed for a specific purpose, but to some horney ladies it is an object of fascination!

You just gotta love them for that honor!
Mine has provided me with many hours of enjoyment.
Its shaped that way for sword fights
I've been assured by a well-renowned scientist that the head of the penis is slightly wedge-shaped so as to assure, when the male is withdrawing from the vagina, that the vagina doesn't "slam shut" but merely eases closed
I've been assured by a well-renowned scientist that the head of the penis is slightly wedge-shaped so as to assure, when the male is withdrawing from the vagina, that the vagina doesn't "slam shut" but merely eases closed Originally Posted by ferdburf
Huh? I always thought they took a few days to close... (all that stretching ya know)...

Seriously, the behavior hypotheses of reunion sex and the recharge period seem to make a lot of sense. What I'm missing is why individual procreation bias was an evolutionary species advantage. Just the odds that the dominate male produced offspring more likely to survive?