Pronouncing "eccie"

How do we pronounce our name? Is it "ESSee" or "ECHee" or "EKKee" or "EE-SEE-SEE-EYE-EE" or what...?

This is the kind of thing that keeps me awake at night.

Monk
I've been wondering the same thing. I've just been spelling it out or saying ECHee.
It is Eck-EE

~1TGA
From the "Mission Statement" posted above:

ECCIE, pronounced 'ECK-ee', wishes to give you, the hobbyist and provider community, a freely accessible, easy-to-use platform to exchange information and share your thoughts and ideas.
ECCIE, pronounced 'ECK-ee', wishes to give you, the hobbyist and provider community, a freely accessible, easy-to-use platform to exchange information and share your thoughts and ideas. Originally Posted by Amrita Lover
Interesting, I would have thought "EE-see" or "EE-chee" myself.
I like "EE-SEE" Reminds me of Niecey, as in "Niecey get yo' ass in the house!"

JK

:-)
If it was "ee-chee", the board motto could have been "Veni, vidi, eccie" (I came, I saw, I came again).
I was thinking EE'-see like "ici" in French meaning "here".
At first impressions, I thought it was a practical joke; “ick” is a common ailment that a tropical fish suffered if you did not take good care of it, or if it was stressed.

IB

Hi Kat!
C'mon now, everyone should know this! It's pronounced just like it is in the Monty Python movie! "We are no longer the Knights who say "Ni!", we now say, "eccie, eccie, patong, neeewhooom, avum"
If I ever had to say it out loud (which I don't think I would) I'd prefer to use "C.I.E" as a nickname. Three letter acronyms are a comfortable/catchy mouthful and it's only one letter away from C.I.A. which is kinda cool in a completely nerdy secret-decoder-ring sort of way.
Thanks for the other suggestions, but I've decided that it's pronounced Etchie LOL
Just as long as you don't say "itchy"!
I vote for Shmafty's version! Very clever.
If it was "ee-chee", the board motto could have been "Veni, vidi, eccie" (I came, I saw, I came again). Originally Posted by Shmafty
I was thinking ee-chee too! It sounds elegant.

Now that you put a new spin on it..... it's perfect!