New rule about rates and services ?

• MrGiz
  • 01-09-2011, 02:03 PM
You may not display rates or mention sexual services in your ads.
You may post a weekly ad in this forum, however you may not display rate information or mention sexual services in your advertising.

Additionally, you may not include these items in your signature line as this will also be visible in your posts.

Any ads which are not in compliance will be edited by ECCIE staff, and you will be notified.

Repeated violations or disregard for this policy could possibly jeopardize your posting privileges in this and other advertising forums.

Thanks for your cooperation. Please direct any questions you have to your local moderating staff.

St. C
Apparently.... Fee: and Activities: are still allowed to be posted in reviews.... right?
So what's the point?

Just Curious ,

Giz
I've been pondering that and I think I get it. An ad posted with fees and activities is blatant solicitation and ECCIE would be an accomplice to that if they allowed it. Solicitation is illegal, BUT a man simply talking about what he did with a woman and what he paid her after the fact is not illegal. The act may have been illegal, but talking about the act in the past tense is not.

Just my own musings.
  • MrGiz
  • 01-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I've been pondering that and I think I get it. An ad posted with fees and activities is blatant solicitation and ECCIE would be an accomplice to that if they allowed it. Solicitation is illegal, BUT a man simply talking about what he did with a woman and what he paid her is not illegal. The act may have been illegal, but talking about it is not. Originally Posted by Blond_Lily
Wonder what the statute of limitations is for past blatant solicitation ads?

I understand what you're saying... and I can understand Eccie.net wanting to cover their asses.... but I still think it's just a matter of semantics.... especially when we still allow guys to post and admit guilt for the same crime!

Giz
But that's just it. Admitting it online isn't a crime.
Solicitation is illegal, BUT a man simply talking about what he did with a woman and what he paid her after the fact is not illegal. Originally Posted by Blond_Lily

I think you hit the nail on the head there. It does seem like splitting hairs for us normal people. I've spent a great deal of time with attorneys for work and what you posted makes perfect sense.

Yikes... bad flashbacks now. Time for more bourbon.
  • MrGiz
  • 01-10-2011, 01:47 AM
As I said before... I understand Lily's comments... and I have no argument... but when rates are still allowed in a girl's Eccie showcase... and in her reviews... I simply don't see where any effective change has taken place.

Rules and Laws always play the fine line of semantics.... as if anything done on the front end will make a difference once you open the wrong door... Yeah, Right!!

Giz
Some mods touched on it in this thread. its still open.

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=155808