What's up with the new 6 min posting rule?

I just noticed that once you post, you can't post again for 6 minutes. Why did did eccie implement this? Just curious. Not sure i like it, but again, may not be a bad thing either.

Thoughts from mods? Community?
I have been told it is due to site maintenance and upgrades! Should last a few weeks.......
It kinda sucks. I'm just sayin'.

Peace, Love, and #BHILF

JS
Some of us who are less addicted did not even notice this rule.

Let's call it the RogueOnly1 Rule.
Been gone awhile but thanks for the info
Welcome back!^^^
I thought it was supposed to slow down posting of some...if they would have to wait 6min to post maybe they would change their mind about it? I know I would probably not wait that long
  • Mokoa
  • 10-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Yes, there is maintenance going on but it may also be in place to discourage the human and robotic spammers.
Some of us who are less addicted did not even notice this rule.

Let's call it the RogueOnly1 Rule. Originally Posted by FootLong
Addicted? I haven't posted a review in 5 months. But whatever.

I do apologize to the gents who put up some good reads lately. But I'm not going to wait 6 min to comment.
Wow. Conspiracy much? I didn’t say anything about reviews btw.
Not a fan of it; don't have a lot of time to browse the reviews/posts - but this 6 minute lapse will mean many people will no longer provide pertinent info/feedback. If that's the desired result, then guess they're successful.
From an administrative point of view, 6 minutes (360 seconds) is a very high value for the flood prevention limiting option. Typically that value is recommended to be 30 seconds. It is possible this is being used to limit the write load on the sql server back-end during a maintenance period, but the vast majority of sql calls are going to be reads anyway so I can't imagine it makes that much of a difference.

It is a highly effective way to limit the contributions of thread trolls who live online and have nothing better to do than harass and run up post counts. The downside is the hammer is damned big and tends to squash more than the intended target. If you are only trying to limit posting from automated zombies then the 30 second default setting is adequate. But trying to affect behavior of bad actors will also affect the behavior of the good ones as well. Less participation, less information, less community. Which leaves advertising, providers and reviews with fewer responses to operate as a check on bad reviews.

From an administrative point of view, 6 minutes (360 seconds) is a very high value for the flood prevention limiting option. Typically that value is recommended to be 30 seconds. It is possible this is being used to limit the write load on the sql server back-end during a maintenance period, but the vast majority of sql calls are going to be reads anyway so I can't imagine it makes that much of a difference.

It is a highly effective way to limit the contributions of thread trolls who live online and have nothing better to do than harass and run up post counts. The downside is the hammer is damned big and tends to squash more than the intended target. If you are only trying to limit posting from automated zombies then the 30 second default setting is adequate. But trying to affect behavior of bad actors will also affect the behavior of the good ones as well. Less participation, less information, less community. Which leaves advertising, providers and reviews with fewer responses to operate as a check on bad reviews.

. Originally Posted by Rover14
Is it just me or was that a sexy way to say exactly what I was thinking...way to go
Wow. Conspiracy much? I didn’t say anything about reviews btw. Originally Posted by FootLong
No conspiracy. We know who's more attuned to the site than others. And its not me. Can tell you that right now.

I usually only get on here to post reviews, follow up on them. Then read others and comment on a few reviews to support the ladies and gents. You know, be apart of the community.

Less interest in hobby lately has had me wondering about the 6 min rule as I decided to comment and got hit with it lol. The only reason I used to be on here a bit was I used to post 2 to 3 reviews a month.

But people will do some damned things around here. Rumors and such. Perhaps why I'm on a dns list of a lady (won't even say why) and girls tell me guys tell them not to see me when i go to visit them. I make a simple observation here, and called an addict (perhaps jokingly, but others don't know any better). But, Smh. I hope the 6 min rule sticks to be honest.

And FL. Don't take anything personal man. You know me better than that.
I thought it was supposed to slow down posting of some...if they would have to wait 6min to post maybe they would change their mind about it? I know I would probably not wait that long Originally Posted by Alana kay
I used to like to comment on reviews to thank the guy for writing, but also give the ladies recognition for inspiring a good review. Was part of the hobby experience. But yeah, I read and move on now. And as of last couple months, really haven't been reading anything but provider ads to see who is in town.