Fitness club vs hobby

I wonder if anyone else has had this situation. I went to the gym and had a good workout - not anything so strenuous a good athlete would be concerned about - and shortly after, three or so hours ago, was engaged in amorous activities. The thing was, that for some reason, my ability to perform with my partner seemed t be compromised as compared to other similar such activities. My question then is "Should one wait to have a "good" workout until after visitation with a lady of choice, or is there no connection between the two events I seemed to experience.
Hell, maybe its because I'm old and on a maybe or maybe not schedule - but as this was a "new" situation, I am curious about the possible correlation between the gym exercise and the amorous exercise.
Well, I'm definately not a fitness expert (one look at me will tell you that), but exercise, especially weight training, stimulates the muscles to produce lactic acid, which as you continue through the workout starts to cause the muscles to ache, etc. and actually at least at that time decreases their efficiency (hence the term "no pain, no gain". After a time (I would guess at least a few hours), the body's natural buffer system washed the lactic acid out of the system. This is the body's Acid:Base balance. During this time, you're performance may suffer. Now mind you, my medical background is primarily in prehospital ....I'm not a doctor, I just lie to women about it in bars!

New York Boy
Just the opposite for me. I'm in the gym nearly always before "other activities." The key for me is the shower afterward. As long as it's not cold...I'm much better off.
Make sure you are properly hydrated after your workout. Helps recovery.
Yup, the body needs 3 things to make energy: water, glucose and oxygen!