Providers: What would you do if a client bought you a ROLEX / Hobbiests would you buy your ATF a ROLEX

I know clients buy gifts for you fabulous providers from time to time so I was wondering, what exactly would you do if one of your clients bought you a ROLEX watch?

Hobbiests, do you have an ATF you care enough about to buy an elaborate gift such as a ROLEX watch?
funny, I have a clunky watch but it does more than just tell time and as much as I know about rolexes they D.E.W. tell time and that is about it. Pretty and expensive. I would turn it down and say just come see me more often.

If he insisted, I'm afraid I would pawn it.
People still wear watches??? The last watch I saw was in a museum.I would put it for sell on CL......or donate it to a museum and get the tax write off......but it's the thought that counts....right?
Wow, I would say "Thank you very much" and treasure it always.

I guess I'm such a "nice girl", I don't get many gifts in life. It would feel like winning the lottery.

(Of course, I would have to know them well enough to know it was actually purchased and not purloined).

I guess I'm such a "nice girl", I don't get many gifts in life. It would feel like winning the lottery.

(Of course, I would have to know them well enough to know it was actually purchased and not purloined). Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
Crystalkitty, not only are you a "nice girl" but you obviously have class.
I'm not really sure what the point of the question is...what provider is going to turn down a nice gift from a client? If you went to see your ATF and she offered you unlimited free sessions for a week you'd take it right? As long as there aren't creepy vibes or strings attached I'd accept the gift, say thanks and move that client to the top of my list when it comes to making appointments and services I provide etc.
  • Booth
  • 04-02-2010, 08:45 AM

(Of course, I would have to know them well enough to know it was actually purchased and not purloined). Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
Kudos to your parents CK. They raised their little girl right.

I guess I'm such a "nice girl", I don't get many gifts in life. It would feel like winning the lottery. Originally Posted by Crystalkitty
I second your sentiments, Booth. Crystal is one of the sweetest Austin Adorables I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

...what provider is going to turn down a nice gift from a client?
Originally Posted by EroticEmily

ANSWER: Dagny D.E.W.
Give CK the damn watch!
People still wear watches??? The last watch I saw was in a museum.I would put it for sell on CL......or donate it to a museum and get the tax write off......but it's the thought that counts....right? Originally Posted by TheCandyMan
I gather that you actually love watches. Functional art in many instances. On the high end or low end. Everyone should keep a respectable number around IMO. My current favorites are moonphases and old LED's from the 70's. I cant imagine going out for the evening without a thoughtfully chosen style of watch.
I can be gifty at times, I enjoy when a provider lists her favorite wine, fragrance, etc. and usually bring something along. Ladies, you should now update your likes to include Rolex. I bought a knock-off on the streets of New York recently for 25 bucks as a joke. It still runs, looks fashionable, and I have fun wearing it occasionally.
I would not buy one for myself, much less anyone else.
  • Carl
  • 04-02-2010, 03:13 PM
I would not buy one for myself, much less anyone else. Originally Posted by Big Jake
I hear ya. You can buy a lot of HerbaLife for the price of the least expensive Rolex.
I would not buy one for myself, much less anyone else. Originally Posted by Big Jake
From the origilnal Big Jake,

"What, you don't own a watch?"

I have several. A watch is the only jewelry that I wear. My Rolex's keep pretty shitty time. I have a 500 series Tag Hauer that keeps much better time and was lot's less expensive.