Columbus Day is objectively weird

• El-mo
  • 10-14-2024, 06:49 AM
Ignoring all the context, and without politicizing Columbus, is it not bizarre that we have a federal holiday for someone who was not an American citizen and never set foot in this country?
Ignoring all the context, and without politicizing Columbus, is it not bizarre that we have a federal holiday for someone who was not an American citizen and never set foot in this country? Originally Posted by El-mo
It's extremely weird. He also didn't "discover" anything.
  • Devo
  • 10-14-2024, 12:34 PM
Ignoring all the context, and without politicizing Columbus, is it not bizarre that we have a federal holiday for someone who was not an American citizen and never set foot in this country? Originally Posted by El-mo
Yeah, well, every day millions of Catholics and other Xtians worship a man who was never a US citizen and never set a foot in this country.
  • Devo
  • 10-14-2024, 12:34 PM
Besides the fact it was the Vikings who actually discovered America.
Besides the fact it was the Vikings who actually discovered America. Originally Posted by Devo

My brother in Christ, have you forgotten about the Native Americans?
Besides the fact it was the Vikings who actually discovered America. Originally Posted by Devo
No...It was the Dolphins
... Lads, lads... Thought we settled this before... That it was
the Aborigine people who first sailed over and discovered America.

And the native-American Indians and Norsemen were already here
and me Aborigine ancestours surely left America to them.

Also, toss in the fact that the Christopher Columbus fellow is
surely rumoured to be of Australian descent - then there you have it!

That's as objectively as I can explain Columbus on his day. ..

#### Salty
My brother in Christ, have you forgotten about the Native Americans? Originally Posted by onawbtngr546
... Lads, lads... Thought we settled this before... That it was
the Aborigine people who first sailed over and discovered America.

And the native-American Indians and Norsemen were already here
and me Aborigine ancestours surely left America to them.

Also, toss in the fact that the Christopher Columbus fellow is
surely rumoured to be of Australian descent - then there you have it!

That's as objectively as I can explain Columbus on his day. ..

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

you're all wrong. "Native Americans" aka "indigenous people" were Siberian Russians who crossed the Bering straight into present day Alaska when it was frozen due to the last Ice Age.

"Yes, according to the prevailing scientific theory, during the last ice age, people from Siberia (which is part of modern-day Russia) migrated to Alaska by crossing the Bering Land Bridge, a landmass that connected the two continents due to lowered sea levels during that period; this is considered the primary route for the first human migration into the Americas"

the real "Native Americans/indigenous people" ... are Russians!!

so .. "Columbus Day/Indigenous People" Day celebrates an Italian who never actually found America and .. Russians"

bhahahaaa
... Ye Christ there, mate ... How wrong can ya be??

I'm surely givin' ya the facts - Onawb and Devo even partially
agree-with me claims.... How much more Truth do ya need?

#### Salty
  • El-mo
  • Yesterday, 10:14 AM
you're all wrong. "Native Americans" aka "indigenous people" were Siberian Russians who crossed the Bering straight into present day Alaska when it was frozen due to the last Ice Age.

"Yes, according to the prevailing scientific theory, during the last ice age, people from Siberia (which is part of modern-day Russia) migrated to Alaska by crossing the Bering Land Bridge, a landmass that connected the two continents due to lowered sea levels during that period; this is considered the primary route for the first human migration into the Americas"

the real "Native Americans/indigenous people" ... are Russians!!

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
You know the Clovis-First theory has been debunked for nearly 20 years? There’s literally an archaeological site right here in the Pittsburgh region that predates that migration.

Of course, that does not matter. Humans are migratory, and everywhere we exist outside of Africa, we exist because of migration. It’s fair to say that the first group of humans to occupy a land, after thousands of years and no cultural ties to another land are, in fact, indigenous.
Yeah, well, every day millions of Catholics and other Xtians worship a man who was never a US citizen and never set a foot in this country. Originally Posted by Devo
Well, nobody's ever accused religious people of making sense