i knew we were fucked over global warming. but i never thought it would happen this fast..

thoughts?
Ihre verwendung eines punktes anstelle eines kommas ist abscheulich
: Your use of a period instead of a comma is atrocious :
This fast? It's been occurring for 150 years. This was predicted in 1890's when CO2 levels hit an all time high (been rising ever since) and some scientist started warning about severe consequences in the 1940's. Now there is not an accredited climatologist, meteorologist, environmental chemist, etc. that will deny it's occurrence.
Those people that do deny it have never read scientific journals or books, attended seminars or taken classes, i.e., they have never "studied" it. Most likely they have based their opinion on someone else's opinion.
Ihre verwendung eines punktes anstelle eines kommas ist abscheulich
: Your use of a period instead of a comma is atrocious : Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Not as atrocious as corresponding in German language to an all English speaking message board.
Modern use of oil for heating dates back to the mid 1800s

Btw, German is a very expressive language. Almost as expressive as French, which is almost, but not tied with Portuguese.

ECG calls me her cowboy pirate
@major jones, point one: not exactly an eon on geological time scales, wouldn't you agree..

point two: and using google translate, no less. the fuhrer is rolling over in his grave..

they're called the "grammar nazis." but if you think you're a grammar guru, you at least gotta get your rules right. otherwise you're a grammar-nazi wannabe facepalm..

if you were to replace the period with a comma, you would have what's called a run-on sentence. didn't you learn anything from your SAT prep..

and yes, i know that that the last sentence should have ended with a question mark, not 2 periods. that's called poetic license, which James Joyce, in his Magnum Opus, Finnegan's Wake-don't buy those Ulysses' fanboys-took to quite the unintelligble and therefore masterful extreme..
I know, right? Soon we'll be taking family trips to Antarctica for "extreme summer" vacations, talk about a niche market!