NO SHOWS (stamps of disapproval)

As I have been around for a decade here and there, I have been issued the trademark of being "flighty" and hard to catch! But most of the boys that stick it out and catch this flighty bird will tell you it was worth the hunt.

Having acknowledged that well know fact about Prissy, what about the RASH of "gentlemen" who schedule and not show? Generally, it rolls off my back and if they call again to schedule, I usually will set up another meeting time with them.

I am interested in knowing, from the provider's prospective especially, what the percentage of "no-shows" are for you; and how you treat them in a situation where they want to schedule something in the future. Additionally, I would be most interested in knowing how you fellas feel about scheduling with someone who "missed a meeting."
Well, I'm relatively new to the biz, but I've noticed many gentlemen are a stickler for their provider showing up on time....understandably! Some even mention in reviews if the provider was 10 minutes late!

That said...where is the review board for our gentleman clients? Today alone, I have had TWO no shows! One of which is now a repeat "no show."

I'm curious...should I continue trying to accommodate this gentleman?
My "in-calls" are scheduled at another "providers" home, so this "no show" cost her money, as she left this time slot open for me as a favor.

I generally only do out-calls, and in some ways...prefer it! When I am with a gentlemen, I don't like to be rushed, nor do I feel he wants to be rushed...But, if I do agree to do an in-call, and can have a "private" time made available to me for use, it would be fantastic if the man scheduled...showed! At very least...call or email to cancel.

Prissy, I'm the same. Baton Rouge ECCIE guys have a pretty huge rep for being ncns or canceling appointments very last minute. I let it roll off my back, but I don't generally do incalls much because of it. Plus, I find myself to be more timid at start if I'm inviting a gentlemen in to see me rather than him inviting me in to a comfortable location.
All I know is that I cannot control what others do or do not do. I can only control how I chose to react to those people. So, if a provider cancels on me last second or does not answer phone on day of appt to tell me where, I move on, just me. I do not know her situation and without the cancellation phone call or txt or msg I will not call again. For whatever reason she did not see me and to me that's her issue - not mine.

I do believe if I am polite and respectful of others, I usually will get that same treatment back to me and if the person is disrespectful than I do not get upset or angry, I just move on - not my issue.
I do believe if I am polite and respectful of others, I usually will get that same treatment back to me and if the person is disrespectful than I do not get upset or angry, I just move on - not my issue. Originally Posted by Outdoorsman
Amen! I feel the same way. I'm thrilled to treat you well....that is, until you respond by showing me there is no courtesy between us.

Regarding the OP: Since being in BR, I've had at least two no call - no shows a month. Add to that at least one last minute (within an hour of the meeting time) cancellation call. Since I use public accommodations as my in calls, a no show costs me money. As a result, I don't do in calls for people without at least two references or detailed reviews. When in the New Orleans area, I'm almost never stood up. I think it happened once b/c the gent confused which hotel I was at, despite the fact that I gave him the address.

I have never, ever no call - no showed a client. Ever. I have never even cancelled. ONE time in my life I had to reschedule a date due to a make up class...and even then I rescheduled three days in advance and gave him a special rate to make up for any inconvenience.
I have only had one or two nc/ns in Nola in the past two years I have been here!
I usually get nc/ns whenI travel out of state{then it is only one or two occassionally}

I will put consistent nc/ns clients in the provider info share section......I would expect any other reputable provider to do the same.
Good advice!!!! Thanks DallasRain and Outdoorsman =)
I would be most interested in knowing how you fellas feel about scheduling with someone who "missed a meeting." Originally Posted by PrissyBlonde
There won't be a second time. I've got no use for flakes.

Today alone, I have had TWO no shows! One of which is now a repeat "no show."

I'm curious...should I continue trying to accommodate this gentleman? Originally Posted by spicyhotjaye
That's no gentleman, that's a jerk. Don't let him waste any more of your time.
I bet these guys don't run their own business or their jobs that way, they would be on the street before long, consideration is something you have built into you, it's something that's part of our nature, I honestly believe it's something you can't learn.

"Stuff" happens...! I've been disappointed in the past by NSNC and that's a ball buster... I move on to another provider.

IMO Something that's just as bad is when a provider is running late, calls and says that traffic is bad, half hour to 45 minutes later still no show, I have to call her to see where she is, and she says she's on my street, will be there in 5 minutes, shows up half hour later with no reason given or mention of it... yep, that will set a mood.

Like I said stuff happens, but common courtesy is a must here. I believe in giving a person a second chance, but after that, too bad...I'm gone.
I have also wondered about the % of adverage nc/ns. I don't so much as mind the n/s but it the part of at least call and cancel. Here in Baton Rouge the traffic a lot of times is horrible so being late is fine and even, deciding you would rather not make the drive is understandable, just PLEASE CALL to cancel.
  • R.M.
  • 11-17-2010, 06:38 PM
It happened to me twice last visit. I feel ya...
You can't account for life quite well but when I have to pull a no show, I call and let her know so I'm not wasting her time. Wether something came up or you're notin the mood anymore, the least you can do is drop a line.
ditto JM!!!
what we're really talking about here is treating each other like human beings. Golden Rule and all.

I have never ncns a lady. I would never even consider it. It's not my nature to treat someone like that. I think it shows how little the other person is valued, and that may follow a preconception about the business they are in. I most often make appointments in advance, sometimes far enough that my schedule changes or something unexpected comes up. I always call or email to explain the situation and let the lady schedule with someone else. I have never received any complaints (that I know of) for doing this. I know it's about economics for some ladies, so I make the effort. I expect that same effort from a lady. If I don't get it, I move on.
All are good answers. For me it depends on the reason and the time given before they do the nc/ns. If they do it over twice then I just move on consider it their loss and chalk it up to another day.

If for some reason I am running late I have the common courtesy to call and say what has happened. I usually give them some sort of discount because after all it is my fault.