Is this Phishing or not ?

hi

I have been a lurker here so I have this interesting question/concern...

1. ASPD owner passes away...
2. There is big news about the H-town bust with ASPD name on the TV
3. new ASPD owners are harassed...
4. ASPD announces to be shut down...
5. Now we have this new site...with almost all the same member names as aspd...

what is the guarantee that 5. is no "phishing" what if the LE is setting up ECCIE as a aspd phishing portal ? Actually anyone can, all the member and
mod names are known from aspd...

The only way to verify this if for real providers to verify if they have PM'd on this site successfully and met clients with no fuss..

or if someone can vouch that they have seen this server with the real mod from aspd. (former)

I guess I will let this site roll on for some time before I trust it myself. I need to hear in my physical ear from the physical mouth of a a provider that this site can really be trusted ....

any comments...
ECCIE goes back to the earlier months of '09. It began & grew by invitation. Staffers & mods have ample experience. I hope you enjoy your time & participation here.
First of all I can address a couple of those...

1. True
2. ASPD has been on the news several times in several different markets...so what?
3. So were the old owners and moderators....nothing new
4. True and very sad
5. There are a lot of very familiar faces on here and it's not surprising considering this "hobby" is a fairly small community (in the grand scheme of things) and a tight knit one at that. TBONE and Becky started this site a while back, long before 1,2,3 and 4 happened. They have both been in the hobby for a long time. There's nothing "a foul" here, just a solid option for folks in the hobby.

I hope you enjoy your stay on ECCIE and can find what you're looking for to set you at ease. Welcome!

LAP
Lap thanks for clearing that up for us. Hopefully the site will grow and prosper and most of all help all the hobbiest and providers stay safe.