Should Austin try a Short Notice Availability Thread again?

• ztonk
  • 10-04-2014, 03:31 PM
A number of you have requested a short notice availability thread like they have in San Antonio. I wasn't around the last time this was tried in Austin, so that's why we have this poll. *IF* we implement it, these would be the proposed rules:

• No fonts other than the standard font and characters, color, and size (this includes boldface, underline, or italic characters).
  • Single space only.
  • No pictures or smilies.
  • One post within a 12 hour period.
  • No titles.
  • No post icons.
  • You must be readily available within one hour of posting.

The information provided may not exceed the following items and it is expected to be written in the following format:
  • For the ladies:
    • Time available:
    • Location (incall, outcall, or either):
    • Preferred method of contact:
    • Contact information:
    • URL link (2 max):
  • For the gentlemen:
    • Time available:
    • Preferred method of meeting (incall or outcall):
    • Preferred method of contact:
    • Contact information:
    • Preferred activities (acronyms only):

RTM (Report To Moderator) posts that are in violation (that's the Report Post button, looks like this: )

One warning will be issued for the first violation. 1 point will be issued for the second violation. 5 points will be issued for each subsequent violation for disregarding staff instructions.

The rules are subject to change and such changes will be noted in the thread.
Thoughts?

ztonk
  • bc00
  • 10-04-2014, 03:34 PM
What's RTM?

Yes I'm the first vote!
  • Toyz
  • 10-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Heres my single challenge to this whole scenario...

At any one time how many hobbiests are wanting to use this?

Maybe its just 5...in which case one girl might be able to work them in...

But if its 50, she is going to have to ignore most of them...or respond...and some of them will be pissed off. This ultimately will (can) result in the girl getting bad feelings or posts...

Just a single thought...not sure if it has merit or if its a non concern.
  • ztonk
  • 10-04-2014, 03:44 PM
What's RTM? Originally Posted by bc00
Added the definition above.

z
It might work if everyone could read and understand the rules.
What you will be doing is giving providers 7 more ads a week. It will not be used for what you intend. Providers are not able to follow the rules in any of these type threads. You will end up with 5-10 providers who dominate the thread by posting every day.

You will end up sorry you ever brought this up. And will spend an inordinate amount of time policing the thread. That was why the Houston thread is closed. 3 of us worked it all day deleting posts and pointing providers who could not follow rules.
What you will be doing is giving providers 7 more ads a week. It will not be used for what you intend. Providers are not able to follow the rules in any of these type threads. You will end up with 5-10 providers who dominate the thread by posting every day.

You will end up sorry you ever brought this up. And will spend an inordinate amount of time policing the thread. That was why the Houston thread is closed. 3 of us worked it all day deleting posts and pointing providers who could not follow rules. Originally Posted by Pistolero
I knew it lol
Thanks for confirming!

You will end up sorry you ever brought this up. And will spend an inordinate amount of time policing the thread. That was why the Houston thread is closed. 3 of us worked it all day deleting posts and pointing providers who could not follow rules. Originally Posted by Pistolero

Hey! It works in San Antonio!

Then again their Mods were never any good at their job in any of the other forums so I am sure you make a good point there....

One warning will be issued for the first violation. 1 point will be issued for the second violation. 5 points will be issued for each subsequent violation for disregarding staff instructions.

Thoughts?

ztonk Originally Posted by ztonk
Way to Lax and setting yourself up for a lot of work.....

But tremendous entertainment value from Sideline Referees that could point out and RTM the infractions and keep score in a 2ndary thread.....

What will we do though after you pint them all into a 90 day ban?
I thought we already had one.
The guys use the ISO, the girls post a picture or ask a question and post in COED. That's seems to be working. Not sure why we need this thread so "5" providers can post and post, and post repeatedly.
I like this idea. I have to squeeze my appointments inbetween my work appointments, and its hard not to look sketchy when you're scheduling needs are all over the place. This would be a great fit.
Don't see it as any use. The same pack of desperate ladies that always post on every ISO will likely be the only to utilize it, all others are busy already, so you won't be getting short notice appointments with them anyway.
There are times when the woman has an appointment cancellation and now has 3 or 4 hours with nothing/nobody to do. So she would post in the immediate availability thread. The only person(s) to contact her would be someone available to meet in that time frame.
The only time it gets beyond the scope of the forum type is when a gal posts she is available all day. Those types of ads should be for the provider ads or weekend lineup.
As I see it, there are 3 ways to go:
Keep it as is. 1 public and 1 private forum.
Make one public forum for clients seeking appointments ASAP and one public forum for providers seeking appointments ASAP.
Merge both ISO and Short Term so anyone can post.

The best thing of all this: if it doesn't work how you want it, you can change it at ANY time.
works in San Antonio