Firefox 4.0

I downloaded and installed it last night. The website says it's faster than FF3.6.16. I thought...yeah, right.

I don't have a stop watch, but it seems so much faster. I'm running it on a Mac.

So if you use FF, I recommend the upgrade to 4.0 just for the speed.
I'm running ir too. It also allows private browsing.
I'm running ir too. It also allows private browsing. Originally Posted by pjorourke
private browsing so nobody knows you were surfing filthygorgeousthings.com?
I am loving the new 4.0 FF, because to me it really is faster than the previous version. The private browsing is a nice feature, which was part of the previous version as well. It doesn't hide what you're browsing from your network admin, or internet provider, but it does keep a lot of junk off your computer.
It allowed private browsing early in V 3.
Mozilla Firefox is just slow. Google Chrome is faster IMHO.
Mozilla Firefox is just slow. Google Chrome is faster IMHO. Originally Posted by Naomi4u
I've been using Mozilla Firefox for several years, but it goes spazoid sometimes. Recently, I've been very tempted to try Google Chrome.
Recently, I've been very tempted to try Google Chrome. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I recommended it to a friend of mine just a few days ago and he loves it. He was using Mozilla. Try it .
I recommended it to a friend of mine just a few days ago and he loves it. He was using Mozilla. Try it . Originally Posted by Naomi4u
I will and probably sooner than later. Thanks!
Read Google Chrome's TOS very carefully before you install.
Read Google Chrome's TOS very carefully before you install. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Why? I didn't read it but here it is for anyone that cares http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/eula_text.html
I think that Google fixed the terms for Chrome.

It used to have a section that said you gave Google a royalty-free license to use anything you displayed in the browser for whatever reason they wanted to use it.

In theory that meant you could pull up yer nekked pics in Chrome and the browser could automatically transmit them back to Google for display on the whole internet.

People jumped on that as soon as it came out and Google pulled back on that term.

Was that what you were talking about Chuck or is there now something else in there?
Google has a long and glorious record for invading peoples privacy. In my book, a little speed ain't worth it.
Gmail is a Google based email correct? If Google has a "long and glorious" record for invading people's privacy then why do people continue to use gmail? So would using Google chrome really hurt if one used Gmail already? Last I checked it is very easy to save an email.

@ Mazo, Good points!

Was that what you were talking about Chuck or is there now something else in there? Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
I would like to know too. This is what I use for browsing.
Gmail is a Google based email correct? If Google has a "long and glorious" record for invading people's privacy then why do people continue to use gmail? Originally Posted by Naomi4u
They use it because it's free - so far at least.

PJ's right. Google has pulled some seriously stupid shit when it comes to privacy in the past.

One of the things they got into big trouble trouble for was sharing people's Gmail contacts and social networking info with others without ever bothering to ask if that was OK. A lot of people had their private info dumped to their bosses, family, and others who didn't need to know just because Gmail assumed that anyone you emailed frequently was a friend who'd you like to share that info with. More than few jobs and marriages went a bit sour after that one.

Just two weeks ago they got sued again for privacy violations because Gmail scans every message that comes into your mailbox for key words related to their advertisers. Gmail then targets ads for the related products into your browser. For instance, if I send you a message asking if you're buying a new car you can be pretty sure there's going to be a Volkswagen ad popping up in your browser sometime in the next couple of days.

Some people don't care about this kind of thing. Others go ballistic when they find out. Just depends on your life-view.

Personally I avoid it.

Cheers,
Mazo.