Tony Romo...

The Dallas Cowboys are my 2nd favorite NFL team. I have to say, I am upset at the fact that the Cowboys have not addressed, in my satisfaction, what they are going to do about him.

He is so constantly, inconsistent.

I really want to see the Cowboy with someone that is good enough to play the Steelers so I can see us kick their butts!

LOL

What do you guys think?

xoxo
Dawn
He has been bad because their offensive line has been bad. How many times last year did he have to jump 20 feet to try to catch the football that the center hiked way over his head?

The first few years he had a line that was still the old, big, fat guys built for running the football that parcells brought in. So they finally realized they needed to revamp the line based around Romo and the passing game, but it has taken a couple years to change over and bring that talent in.

If the line play improves, you'll see that Tony isn't so bad as what people make him out to be.
It's really easy to blame the QB for losses. Many times in last couple of years they have been ahead up until the last few minutes and then the defense just laid down.
[QUOTE=still-asleep;2903057]He has been bad because their offensive line has been bad. How many times last year did he have to jump 20 feet to try to catch the football that the center hiked way over his head?

The first few years he had a line that was still the old, big, fat guys built for running the football that parcells brought in. So they finally realized they needed to revamp the line based around Romo and the passing game, but it has taken a couple years to change over and bring that talent in.

If the line play improves, you'll see that Tony isn't so bad as what people make him out to be.[/
He has been bad because their offensive line has been bad. How many times last year did he have to jump 20 feet to try to catch the football that the center hiked way over his head?

If the line play improves, you'll see that Tony isn't so bad as what people make him out to be. Originally Posted by still-asleep
Completely agree...
Dallas has its problems but will one day (hopefully soon) be on top again.

Romo seems like a problem, but what is available is worse.

Steelers...... are on the decline overall, but their QB is awesome.
although I'm not a fan of his, who among us would like to play behind that line? I'd run off the field. remember the defence is trying to kill you. hello?

for the first time I saw the beginning of a running game last year. and guess what, Tony didn't look that bad.

all passing football has made the game disinteresting. bring back the balanced team concept to the NFL and I'll be a fan again.
Sorry, but I don't think he's all that good compared to the other NFC quarterbacks. Dallas isn't even close to having the level of talent necessary to consistently defeat the Giants. With Washington and Philly upgrading their talent as well it's likely going to be a rough season for Tony. His front line is going to get pushed around pretty badly.
I just know I love me some Jerry Jones. JJ is the King of Mediocrity. The cowgirls will remain mediocre until JJ gets put in assisted living facility or dies. I hope he lives forever.
Ok, so a lot of you say it is the line that is not helping Romo. So then why would Jerry not get rid of the players that are not working out there? I know Jerry is a very smart guy and I have been surprised that he has not done more to fix it over the years. Does he not have the say that I, and many others, thought that he has had?
The Cowboys have a talented group of receivers and yet their offensive line was built for the running game. I agree completely with Still-Asleep on this. But Romo with an improved offensive line and an improving defense will still be the same, he chokes when the game is on the line and I dont see that changing. Too many good and improving teams in the NFC East, Dallas will not make the playoffs and the Cowboy fans will again be saying... "Wait until next year"
Smoothnsilky...As long as JJ thinks he is the best coach, GM, scout, Owner and God's gift to football, the Cowpussies will be mired in mediocrity. Notice that when ever he has a "yes man" as a coach the team goes in the toilet. When he wises up and hires a coach that has the authority required to run a team and is not constantly looking back to see what JJ is doing, the team does well. When Jimmy ran the team without JJ, look what happened. Super Bowls! When Parcells ran the team he had them headed in the right direction until JJ started to butt in again. The yes men of Campo, Switzer (who road Jimmys success), and Gailey were nothing more than figure heads in all aspects of the game.
Look at the teams that recently have had the most success. The Steelers, Patriots, NY Giants, Packers to name a few, all have one thing in common. The owners stay the fuck away from running the team. They just sit back with the checkbook and enjoy a winning team. Until JJ gets his ass out of the operation of the team and just acts like the arrogant owner he is, the Cowgirls will be an 8-8 team (give or take a game here and there) but not Super Bowl bound!

P.S. Smoothnsilky -Should we make a wager on the December 16th game? I'll take the Steelers. I'll collect next time you are in town. :-)
Smoothnsilky...As long as JJ thinks he is the best coach, GM, scout, Owner and God's gift to football, the Cowpussies will be mired in mediocrity. Notice that when ever he has a "yes man" as a coach the team goes in the toilet. When he wises up and hires a coach that has the authority required to run a team and is not constantly looking back to see what JJ is doing, the team does well. When Jimmy ran the team without JJ, look what happened. Super Bowls! When Parcells ran the team he had them headed in the right direction until JJ started to butt in again. The yes men of Campo, Switzer (who road Jimmys success), and Gailey were nothing more than figure heads in all aspects of the game.
Look at the teams that recently have had the most success. The Steelers, Patriots, NY Giants, Packers to name a few, all have one thing in common. The owners stay the fuck away from running the team. They just sit back with the checkbook and enjoy a winning team. Until JJ gets his ass out of the operation of the team and just acts like the arrogant owner he is, the Cowgirls will be an 8-8 team (give or take a game here and there) but not Super Bowl bound!

P.S. Smoothnsilky -Should we make a wager on the December 16th game? I'll take the Steelers. I'll collect next time you are in town. :-) Originally Posted by 74comet
I notice the exact same thing when he hires a "yes" man. I really think he needs to learn to let go and let it just all fall in to place.

I want to see them do good, it upsets me to see such a historic football team just fall apart.

P.S. It won't be to long till you can pay me the wager you will OWE me
Smooth and Silky,

According to the NFL, Romo was the 4th best quarterback for 2011........Big Ben was only rated at 10th.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG

A lot of things determine if a team is successful. Luck plays a big part. Look at the 2011 Giants....lucked their way into winning the Super Bowl. Dallas wasnt just very lucky in 2011. Lost the top running back to a broken ankle and the top receiver to constant hamstring injuries. So Romo was pretty much limited in what he could do. 2012 looks to be a better year for the Cowboys. No lockout and a full year of learning the new coaches system.

Prior to 1960, I was a Giants/Steelers fan......hated the Browns/Packers/Redskins..........still feel the same way. But when Dallas got a franchise in 1960.........well I became a Cowboys fan. I still pull for the Giants/Packers......except when they play the Boys.

JJ is first a businessman.......currently the Cowboys are the 2nd most valued sports franchise......first is Manchester United Soccer team in England.......$1.86 billion to $1.81 billion......Manchester United, btw, is owned by the same family that owns the Tampa Bay Bucks......All 32 NFL teams are ranked in the top 50 most valueable sports franchises in the world. Steelers are only ranked at 23rd most valuable in the world.
But the Steelers have more value, titles, than the 'girls.