False Bottom compartments

I've been thinking about creating a false bottom in my dresser drawer. Currently looking online on the various ways people have created one. Wondered if anyone here has fashioned one themselves and how you went about it, how well it works out for you, etc.
Just put the hobby phone in the bottom of the toolbox. She won't go in there don't worry. lol..
Just put the hobby phone in the bottom of the toolbox. She won't go in there don't worry. lol.. Originally Posted by sooner0010
lol, nice. Actually I'm thinking about for other general purposes as well, not just hobby related. And honestly part of it is because of my favorite show, Burn Notice, where they do this stuff all the time. I watch and I think, God I want that.
Rc83. Nice idea, but if you watch the show..doesn't your SO watch the show also ? If you got the idea from the same show she is watching, who's to say she isn't thinking the same thing and already checked for a hidden compartment under your tiny whites ?? Might not be the best hobby hiding place...
You're over-thinking things. In my house, I could hide Jimmy Hoffa in the dishwasher.
Damn ... I thought this was going to be another greek thread.
False bottoms in drawers are fairly easily detected. My suggestion would be to remove the desired drawer from the dresser and fashion a false back in the dresser behind the drawer. The drawers don't extend all the way to the back of the dresser and it leaves a space that lends itself well to a false back.

I could send you the blueprints.

I'm not a double naught spy, but I do play one on TV.
Rc83. Nice idea, but if you watch the show..doesn't your SO watch the show also ? If you got the idea from the same show she is watching, who's to say she isn't thinking the same thing and already checked for a hidden compartment under your tiny whites ?? Might not be the best hobby hiding place... Originally Posted by DFWRaven
Fortunately I don't have an SO. I'm just thinking about for security purposes in case someone broke into my house.
Damn ... I thought this was going to be another greek thread. Originally Posted by pyramider
Lol, sorry to disappoint.
False bottoms in drawers are fairly easily detected. My suggestion would be to remove the desired drawer from the dresser and fashion a false back in the dresser behind the drawer. The drawers don't extend all the way to the back of the dresser and it leaves a space that lends itself well to a false back.

I could send you the blueprints.

I'm not a double naught spy, but I do play one on TV. Originally Posted by BigPurdy
Ooo...I like it. I'll take one blueprint to go please.
personally I like my 1800# safe anchored to the slab in a closet
Lol, sorry to disappoint. Originally Posted by rc83

Don't let it happen again.
another idea you may try is what I just got from the container store

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?p...ictionary+safe

It can be locked and looks like a dictionary. Of course it can be figured out if someone wants to look up a word.