Do you use an iPhone??

If so.. Are your location services on?
Mine are. I like it for finding Starbucks, incase I can't find where I put my phone to use find my iPhone...
But check this out..

Click on settings
Click on privacy
Click on location services (if that's green, here comes the good part!)
Scroll down to the very bottom, click on system services
The bottom option again, frequent locations. Click on it.
Wait for it, wait for it....

Now clear that crap. Turn off your frequent locations. Tweak the privacy settings and sigh a sigh of relief that your phone didn't end up in the wrong persons hands.
um.. what did you just say?
Good one! Never knew all that data was there!
Not just IPhones either. there are some great apps for smartphones. that is, if you like your life being an open book to every hacker or someone with a warrant. or someone without a warrant.
Oldie - yeah.. But this was just on cnn. This never used to be there.. When apple updated their software, bam!
If someone doesn't go in and turn it off.. Well.... Cross your fingers your phone doesn't get in to the wrong hands!
This may only pertain to the 5 & 5s. My friend has a 4 and it wasn't on his phone.
  • modus
  • 05-22-2014, 06:00 AM
Whoa, thanks! I just checked mine and fuuu if it didn't have every providers address. I used google maps for navigation. I bet it integrates with google maps to get specific address information.
I don't want to steal the credit. A nice lady posted on TER that she said it on CNN. Spread the word. It's some crazy sh!t, huh!!
Past warnings about location services never gave such specific instructions, so thanks very much for that. I'm wondering if it's new with ios7 (not location services, but the map in Settings that shows exactly where you've been).

I vote this Most Useful Thread of the Year! Not only have I cleared my history, I will now be more diligent about turning off location services when I visit a provider!
Oh wow!! Thank you SOOOO much! So helpful. Good looking out babe.
I have a Windows phone and it stores info too. I would also clear out the Tom Tom type devices in the car too.
  • ~Ze~
  • 05-22-2014, 08:24 AM
Ha, thanks for the heads up. I totally laughed at some of the locations I "frequent"....
Yeah, I had to laugh at their definition of "frequent" as well. It included a woman's incall that I visited exactly one time.

I'm disappointed this thread has been moved to the Sandbox. It is more relevant to our hobby lives than 90% of the stuff posted in Coed.
I have a Windows phone and it stores info too. I would also clear out the Tom Tom type devices in the car too. Originally Posted by txboi2013
All phones and gps and etc do..
This is something that you really can't understand until you see this list..
It's something like I have never seen before..

I laugh at it because it didn't effect me, but..

Now that it was blasted on cnn if someone saw it who has been having any suspicious.. Real world or hobby world, well.. Your life is screwed.

It reminds me of what criminal attorneys would see for their clients. It pretty much took any and every app ever used.. Every Starbucks that I have been to was on the list. I use a coupon app, every mall and shop.. It's not just my google directions. Used wifi at an airport? That was there.
Thank god my SO is a tea-party conservative and wouldn't be caught dead watching CNN.

When it hits FoxNews...then I gotta worry.