The "ignore" situation

Hi,

I was wondering if perhaps the "ignore a member" function could be made more readily accessible? Like one simple button under someone's avatar or something? It would make it a lot easier to avoid drama in the long run by allowing people to easily ignore the posts of people that they don't like as soon as they realize that person's posting style is not one they care for.

Just a thought.
You don't wub me no mo?

tra
Hi,

I was wondering if perhaps the "ignore a member" function could be made more readily accessible? Like one simple button under someone's avatar or something? It would make it a lot easier to avoid drama in the long run by allowing people to easily ignore the posts of people that they don't like as soon as they realize that person's posting style is not one they care for.

Just a thought. Originally Posted by Hannah Heresy
Usually once you see a post from someone all you need to do is click on their name and I think one of the options is add user to block list.

I have used it on a few people on here... Nice thing is that when you are reading a thread, you still their name appear in the thread if they added something but you do not see their post, you do have a link to rveal what they said
I like the idea!
Hi,

Just a thought. Originally Posted by Hannah Heresy
interesting thought. so waht if i ignore a member? what will i see from him then? Not him posting anymore? anything at all? I personally am way to curious for that :-)
interesting thought. so waht if i ignore a member? what will i see from him then? Not him posting anymore? anything at all? I personally am way to curious for that :-) Originally Posted by ninasastri
The only thing you will see from any ignored member is if you are reading a thread and they made a comment, you will see their name appear in the thread as having made a comment but the comment itself is hidden. There will be a link to unhide the link if you wish to do so
HA HA HE HE HE!!!! I LIKE IT!! You can click under their ugly mug and get rid of them? Wish that worked in real life!! But, then again I am also, to dang nosy to NOT look at what their rudea$$ said!!
HA HA HE HE HE!!!! I LIKE IT!! You can click under their ugly mug and get rid of them? Wish that worked in real life!! But, then again I am also, to dang nosy to NOT look at what their rudea$$ said!! Originally Posted by ali*cat

Just consider the source, and go on. Life is too short.
Of course I still wub you!

You don't wub me no mo?

tra Originally Posted by tra4fun
thats a great idea Op!!
like replace the "like" button (which serves no purpose)
with ignore? THAT would be fantastic!!!!
i admit..it feels like hoops & bounds to go through to ignore someone,
but it sure is worth it!
one click would be way better though!!!
  • FK
  • 02-02-2011, 11:58 PM
For me personally, I never put anyone on ignore. Every heard the old saying, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer." If there is someone I thought about putting on ignore, then all the more reason I would want to know what they are up to!
replace the like button Originally Posted by MsPrittiKitti
NO I like the like button but I think more than that we need a DON'T LIKE button!

I have hit the RTM on several posts and had no comment back so they must just delete them. but if more people could say DON'T LIKE then we can see how that poster rates with most people.
NO I like the like button but I think more than that we need a DON'T LIKE button!

I have hit the RTM on several posts and had no comment back so they must just delete them. but if more people could say DON'T LIKE then we can see how that poster rates with most people. Originally Posted by Dagny D.E.W.
Spreading that crap here too huh?

They don't hop to it and respond to you so they obviously DELETE things....

This ain't the old ASPD doll... they don't delete things here... I do believe they would lose their jobs over deleting threads or reports of problems......

No.... I think that maybe the response you've already been given that perhaps your concern was not of concern to them or not out of line with the board might be the answer......

I know it is easy for us oldtimers to see too many conspiracies......