How about a DON'T LIKE button?

Would it be possible to add a DON'T LIKE button? I think that would be more functional than the RMT button for several reasons.

Lots of people won't hit the RMT button but would say "don't like"

I have hit the RMT several time lately and gotten NO COMMENT from mods so I guess they must have been deleted by someone.

If people saw a 15 "don't like" maybe they would be encouraged to comment or D.E.W. the same.

If the poster saw 15-100 don't likes maybe he would understand that he isn't as funny/great as he thinks he is.
I think it's a great idea to add a "dont like" button. Cool idea Dagny!
Hmmm I see where you want this to go, But along with the DON'T LIKE button a comment should be required, otherwise the poster may get tons of Don't Likes just because she or he has a few HATERS that will hit the button regardless of what was posted
I D.E.W. not think so, I believe the computer is capable of only allowing each handle to vote only one time.

That way if you did have 15 DON'T LIKES you could be assured it was 15 (possible lurkers) who didn't want to post a comment but willing to hit DON'T LIKE instead of just one person hitting the button 15 times. LOL

Afraid of the results?
In no way am I afraid of results but I rather know why they didn't like, so it can be discussed. And with the number of duplicate registered member accounts having them have to post why will slow them down. Hitting the Like button is saying you agree vs Dislike means you disagree, which should come with a reason, so if there's something wrong in my thinking I can re-evaluate the post
How about an, "I couldn't care less" button. How about that?

This poll lacks the "I couldn't care less" option....or I would have voted.

Just kidding.

But seriously - it seems like giving people more fuel for their negativity is something no one should do. This button might make it easier - like little shots of lighter fluid on a burning piece of toilet paper....
oh no... i can`t handle all this dislike ....i don`t want the truth.... protect me from it :-)) (lol) .

On a more serious note: I don`t think a unlike button is a good idea because it cold start anonymous mobbing. If someone does not like me (or i don`t like someone) its just too easy to mob people that way INSTEAD of having profound discussions on WHY it is you don`t like their posts. But that said, i think the "like" button is not such a great idea eihter although its more flattering :-)

Oh and i am all for a "I could care less button" _ Lol
Over the years I have found that hundreds read the threads but NEVER post. So they are not every going to post in a thread for or against. however if they can vote in a poll or hit a like/don't like button and it doesn't show as a post then they might be likely to give an opinion.

But only having a LIKE button and no DON'T LIKE is like having salt and no pepper...men and no women...... or like maybe the Pravda (the news but only one side).

Still thank you all for your thoughtful comments.
I think that is a good idea, DEW, in principle, anyway.

However, the board is having problems just keeping track of member reviews at the moment that I'm afraid that adding another bell or whistle might just make things more difficult to manage.

Anyway, members on this board do not seem hesitant to post denigrating comments whenever someone writes something they do not like, but I still voted for your idea!
Over the years I have found that hundreds read the threads but NEVER post. So they are not every going to post in a thread for or against. however if they can vote in a poll or hit a like/don't like button and it doesn't show as a post then they might be likely to give an opinion.

But only having a LIKE button and no DON'T LIKE is like having salt and no pepper...men and no women...... or like maybe the Pravda (the news but only one side).

Still thank you all for your thoughtful comments. Originally Posted by Dagny D.E.W.
you are right about that i do agree. but i think if people are too lazy to come up with own agendas they might be also too lazy to push a button :-)
It depends on whose button(s) they think they are pushing....

Hmmm - that being said - I could think of a few more creative buttons I might add to be pushed or not pushed...but I would want to charge per push of those buttons...is that possible.????
button pushing is always possible and we all hope that only the good ones are pushed
I always said there should be a "Stupid" button. I am still waiting.
Would it be possible to add a DON'T LIKE button? I think that would be more functional than the RMT button for several reasons.

Lots of people won't hit the RMT button but would say "don't like"

I have hit the RMT several time lately and gotten NO COMMENT from mods so I guess they must have been deleted by someone.

If people saw a 15 "don't like" maybe they would be encouraged to comment or D.E.W. the same.

If the poster saw 15-100 don't likes maybe he would understand that he isn't as funny/great as he thinks he is. Originally Posted by Dagny D.E.W.
Give the mods a break. Not everything you RTM is a violation. It is meant to alert staff of something that may need attention. Staff does not delete anything on this site. You shouldn't pass off false information that something must have been deleted. Maybe your "concern" wasn't deemed worthy of a response because it was not a violation...

Sixx

If the poster saw 15-100 don't likes maybe he would understand that he isn't as funny/great as he thinks he is. Originally Posted by Dagny D.E.W.
Like the Mods don't have lives as well as the responsibility to look over things on the boards?.... You expect them have the time to respond to you banging the RTM key?

I would imagine they look at it and decide if your complaint has merit and act or don't act.....

I've seen the results of using the RTM but can't remember ever getting a response....

Be "mature" enough to not hide behind the RTM Button and Don't like button concept.... Participate..... Share your views... defend the points you make if debated on them.....