My donations

This is just a thought of mine, and many may not agree. Now that the Providers adds must not contain rates for services ( due to possible unwanted attention from the outside ) I am changing my review policy.
From now on, in the rate category, I will just refer members to the providers web site for current rates. Several reasons. The rates may change between the time I visited. Perhaps the lady is running a special, or may have raised her rates. Another reason is that I figure that if I did or did not give a gift to the lady of a specific amount, that should be private.
Of course this involves a little more digging for us guys, but hey, the ladies here are blessed with a little more work also, in keeping their sites current.
Just my 2 cents.
Great Idea!!
I think thats a fabulous idea Repairman!
So you are another that decides to modify your reviews for the sake of the ladies huh?....

So sad the direction the board is taking
This is just a thought of mine, and many may not agree. Now that the Providers adds must not contain rates for services ( due to possible unwanted attention from the outside ) I am changing my review policy.
From now on, in the rate category, I will just refer members to the providers web site for current rates. Several reasons. The rates may change between the time I visited. Perhaps the lady is running a special, or may have raised her rates. Another reason is that I figure that if I did or did not give a gift to the lady of a specific amount, that should be private.
Of course this involves a little more digging for us guys, but hey, the ladies here are blessed with a little more work also, in keeping their sites current.
Just my 2 cents. Originally Posted by repairman
A thought on this for me would be to indicate how much time you spent with the lady. Referring to her website for rates is good, if you caught a special indicate "she had a special"
By not posting what the fee was will probably get more guys to look at her site which will be good for her so they can see more info.

And if a guy catches a special, he can go look at the special on the web and see if the special is still on.
A review becomes pretty worthless without rate information included. We all know rates/donations can and do change over time and with specials, so what? If you got a special rate...just say so and what it was, we all understand that happens all the time, again so what? A string of reviews give a pattern of rate changes over time and should be a part of the guys research procedure. If I can't determine what it would cost for an hour of your time, I'm damn sure not going to call to find out. I'll just move on to someone that I can. No different than in a store, if the item isn't clearly marked I not gonna carry it up the register and ask.

Bottom line:
Its the clients responsibility to find out what todays rate is, and the providers responsibility to make sure that info is readily available; within the guidelines of the site. The smart ladies will keep their showcases and websites updated and easy to find. Simply use the tools available to you here and make it easy for us to find out, within a mouse click or two.
+1 - I agree Chica

A review becomes pretty worthless without rate information included. We all know rates/donations can and do change over time and with specials, so what? If you got a special rate...just say so and what it was, we all understand that happens all the time, again so what? A string of reviews give a pattern of rate changes over time and should be a part of the guys research procedure. If I can't determine what it would cost for an hour of your time, I'm damn sure not going to call to find out. I'll just move on to someone that I can. No different than in a store, if the item isn't clearly marked I not gonna carry it up the register and ask.

Bottom line:
Its the clients responsibility to find out what todays rate is, and the providers responsibility to make sure that info is readily available; within the guidelines of the site. The smart ladies will keep their showcases and websites updated and easy to find. Simply use the tools available to you here and make it easy for us to find out, within a mouse click or two. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
For me, post what you paid. The purpose of reviews is to provide info. Not to direct more research.

Torito

PS The review templates do not have a space for "Where can we find out what you paid?"

Bottom line:
Its the clients responsibility to find out what todays rate is, and the providers responsibility to make sure that info is readily available; within the guidelines of the site. The smart ladies will keep their showcases and websites updated and easy to find. Simply use the tools available to you here and make it easy for us to find out, within a mouse click or two. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
As usual Chica is correct, ....i stand corrected and retract my good idea statement.
mi culpa
Wow! Someone agrees with me on something! NICE!

Thanks SnL!
  • Jipun
  • 02-15-2011, 04:03 AM
For me, post what you paid. The purpose of reviews is to provide info. Not to direct more research.

Torito

PS The review templates do not have a space for "Where can we find out what you paid?" Originally Posted by Torito

Noooooo, they don't??? Really
LOL it's kind of funny because I have had one particular well known gentleman, show up 50% short on my donation - because he read a review in which a certain amount was posted (honestly) because I did an introductory special when I first got on the boards just to get a few reviews up so peoplle would see that I am honest. LOL - of course he had the rest of the donation but I had to ask for it...and it was kind of comical in an obvious way. Later I learned the dude is a known haggler. I don't do biz with him anymore...

Once nice thing would be for the guy to say it's a special if he knows he's getting a discount. Of course that won't keep other guys who want to play games from pretending they thought that special is your regular donation no matter how many times you have ur rates plastered over several sites.

I can see both sides of the argument. I have learned to make sure biz is taken care of first - seems like no matter how honest I am - there is someone out there who is going to make it difficult for me not to show the other side of my face.

So far so good though - no big issues...just small ones...taken in stride.
so then does an ad or at least thats how i see it.

Bottom line:
so then does an ad or at least thats how i see it. Originally Posted by petiteassman
You have a bit of a point there, I admit. At least with a properly done ad you can find out pretty quick, on a review not so much.

I don't make the rules...blah blah!!