I want MY thread reopened

I started a thread about the possibility that these "mail bombs" were a false flag operation and our PC moderator has closed it. It is my thread and I should have been asked or notified before hand. The investigation is not over (it's barely begun) so there is still a lot to talk about. If individuals have been insulting then I suggest the moderator do his or her job and deal with the individual and not censor us all in the Soviet manner.

#openthethread
Start another one.
I think I just did but don't tell PC moderator.
I think it was not personally directed at you or the OP.
It is my thread and I should have been asked or notified before hand. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
You are incorrect.

Threads get closed all the time here. Mostly because they've gone off track, and after multiple warnings refused to get back on track. In that case, we close it, issue the points necessary, and move on. Your opinion has been noted. Case closed.

P.S.-For future reference, they're never YOUR threads...as soon as you hit the submit button, this board can do with them as it wishes, and as such, you have no say in what happens to them anymore.
  • WTF
  • 10-27-2018, 08:31 AM
I started a thread about the possibility that these "mail bombs" were a false flag operation and our PC moderator has closed it. It is my thread and I should have been asked or notified before hand. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
You think you should be asked or notified? Think of a thread or post as a gift...once given it is no longer yours but in this case eccies'.

Also, you're lucky it was closed imho. This being a 'false flag' is about as true as Stormy Daniels being an Oscar nominated actress!
Back on topic.
The sound of the oppressor. Once you pay your taxes it is no longer your money and you no say so how it is used.

You are incorrect.

Threads get closed all the time here. Mostly because they've gone off track, and after multiple warnings refused to get back on track. In that case, we close it, issue the points necessary, and move on. Your opinion has been noted. Case closed.

P.S.-For future reference, they're never YOUR threads...as soon as you hit the submit button, this board can do with them as it wishes, and as such, you have no say in what happens to them anymore. Originally Posted by Wakeup
  • Trey
  • 10-27-2018, 11:38 AM
Thread was pointless anyway. The MAGA Bomber was not false flag, it was just another dumb ass trumper.
Save for a few loons writing for some of the whacked-out conspiracy mongering websites, no one was suggesting, even in the early stages, that this crime was likely to be a "false flag" operation. Given that set of circumstances, what's left to discuss?

As for your insinuation that your free speech rights are being trampled in "Soviet style," you are quite free to host a website and say just about whatever you wish, and to delete threads started by others for any reason, or for no reason at all. Just as the owners' representatives are free to do on this site.
The sound of the oppressor. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
You gave us the power over you...we didn’t take it. You gave us that power when you agreed to the Terms of Service when you logged in. If you don’t like that, then simply don’t log in. In that scenario, you’ll be free to do everything you are able to do without oppression.

18. By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication (individually or collectively, "Communications") to the Web Site, you hereby grant to Company a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unrestricted, exclusive, royalty free license to use, copy, license, sublicense, adapt, distribute, display, publicly perform, reproduce, transmit, modify, edit, register for copyright protection, sue for damages for infringement, and otherwise exploit such Communications, in all media now known or hereafter developed. You hereby waive all rights to any claim against Company for any alleged or actual infringements of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution in connection with such Communications.
I am constantly amused when folks here think their rights (none actually) are trodden on by the "oppressor".
This is a privately owned board, somewhat a dictatorship.
Play nice and it's a benevolent dictatorship.
  • WTF
  • 10-27-2018, 01:47 PM
Play nice and it's a benevolent dictatorship. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
And even that is no guarantee.

What I find amusing is that folks can not seem to adapt to a few simple rule changes in this forum.

JD will find that if he keeps talking shit about Moderators, that there is a rule aganist that too!
What I find amusing is that folks can not seem to adapt to a few simple rule changes in this forum. Originally Posted by WTF
By "adapt" I assume you mean banging the rtm button on every post you disagree with, frivolously hoping to prompt the mods to issue points. Sorry but that's not my style.
What I find amusing is that folks can not seem to adapt to a few simple rule changes in this forum. Originally Posted by WTF
Agree.
If we look at what all various boards are doing to go neutral in an effort to avoid fosta/sesta fallout, folks have to go with the flow or something else will happen. Even P411 is taking a wholesale axe to some of its board sections.

And with Facebook catching it's first lawsuit even with fosta/sesta not even active yet, there's way more to come on that whole issue.