First time being screened

Trying to get over the anxiety of providing my name mainly because of my profession. Any tips on how to lower my anxiety and not feel like I am screwing over my career (aside from the obvious "well don't do it")?
Even with a newbie friendly provider you will have to give up some personal information.
Recommend you pick a well respected provider that is newbie friendly.
I totally get that. This is a stupid question though but how much of a risk am I putting towards my profession by providing some of that info?
Depends on your profession. I lurked on here for a long time figuring out who the respected providers were and just to figure out the hobby in and outs. Looks like you joined in 2014 so you should have a good idea by now which providers are reputable. Once I narrowed it down to a couple providers I just pulled the trigger and went for it.
Being in a elected public position makes me nervous but it's easy to verify me.
Being in a elected public position makes me nervous but it's easy to verify me. Originally Posted by Ronniemexico
Don? Is that you???
No, it’s Hunter.
If you go with a well-trusted or reviewed provider they should do a good job of using discretion. Think about the fact that if they were to either “out” you or damage your personal life they’d lose a huge amount of their customer base. From my own experience I accidentally ran into a provider I had seen multiple times in public and they did a great job of ignoring me in a way any stranger would.
You could always create a new person (burn phone, different name etc). A little work up front but would work forever.
Like others have stated, you will have to give up some personal information as a newbie. Take your time to watch and observe and go with a provider who has a proven track record. There is ZERO incentive for us to out you and we have no desire to anyway. Part of the reason we are hired in the first place is for 1) discretion and 2) the strict boundaries that contain this sort of relationship.
Paige,
Nice write on the topic.
Others have said it best. Lurk and study. Who has a longer history and good reviews? Use your big head (not Jr. ) and you can identify the trustworthy ones if you pay attention. There is always risk, but if you are smart and do your homework, you can pretty much eliminate it. Have fun!