member having tech issue

At first I thought it was a browser issue but not sure about this one.

Below is PM:

Consider me tech-savvy. No, not an issue at my end. Various browsers, different computers.

When logged-in, all forums say: There are no posts in this forum.

Except: Independent Provider Reviews - Tampa/Orlando, which only lists my own review, which I can't open: "you do not have permission to access this page." etc.

I can see showcases, and the list of reviews at the bottom. If I click on one, it logs me out and says "currently you are showing up as a guest", and review and comments look as they do for a guest. If I log-in, while on the review page I'm viewing, it lets me, but takes me back to the main "Eccie Worldwide" page.

When logged out, everything looks normal, ads and reviews are there, etc., but normal access only, of course.

Someone has to know what this is, and can fix it.

- godnine
  • Mokoa
  • 09-18-2015, 07:18 PM
The behavior that member describes is what happens when the member has not yet confirmed his registration to the site or has not yet confirmed a password or email address change to his profile. In either case, that member should have received an email containing instructions about confirming the registration or change that was made. Also, check the Spam/Junk Mail folders in your email software. Sometimes the ECCIE emails may wind up there. Also, if that member is using AOL or Yahoo for email it may be necessary to change to another email provider other than those two. We know that AOL blocks emails to and from sites with adult content and there have been reported issues with Yahoo.
He mention that all this happened once he got premium access before that he was just a registered member. Could something screwing happened when he was upgraded. He asked if his membership be downgraded then upgraded again just in case something happened.
  • Mokoa
  • 09-18-2015, 11:49 PM
Is "godnine" truly his handle? When I looked it up to examine it's status I could not find it. Please let us know what his handle is. He may also use the Contact Us link on the left side of this page to contact the Admins directly for further assistance. He may also contact the Admins by email at websupport@eccie.net.
Yes godnine is his handle. He did PM me back and your suggestion worked. It was a email confirmation problem. Thanks for your help Mokoa.
  • Mokoa
  • 09-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Glad to read you got it worked out.