www.exposingjohns.com Anybody ever seen anything like this...

He has his own website http://johntv.com

He needs to get a real job..... Originally Posted by miketokc

Pretty sad, really.
Pretty sad, really. Originally Posted by The Good Names Are Taken
I guess it depends.
If a lot of street prostitutions and drug usage was going on in your neighborhood, with people doing all sorts of things on the streets and back alleys and public area, with tricks walking up and down your block, sucking dick in parked cars as your kid walk by on the way to school, used condoms laying around, etc, you may get a little annoyed, I saw this guy on a cable show one time and he's only personally going after the streetwalkers johns. they rest of the people they have listed really put themeselves on blast by not being careful or posting incriminating shit online.
Now unless that's your thing, I don't think you'll ever have to worry about that guy. Hell people should use that site a a primer on how to avoid getting yourself in some shit.
How is a website likethat even legal? Any attorneys on here? Shouldn't that be defamation or slander or something? That's crazy.
Not defamation or slander if it's true. and if you get caught in public with your pants down on camera, well who's fault is that.
How is a website likethat even legal? Any attorneys on here? Shouldn't that be defamation or slander or something? That's crazy. Originally Posted by hittingcoach
Not defamation or slander if it's true. and if you get caught in public with your pants down on camera, well who's fault is that. Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
Correct, truth is an absolute defense in defamation of character cases. That said, if you're innocent and the other can't prove they are telling the truth, you have a solid case.

I don't know enough about how they operate, but there might be some issues with extortion, invasion of privacy, fraud, etc., based on the way they collect information and what the process is to have the info removed.
its 200-500 dollars to delete a profile. Pretty ridiculous.
I can see a lot of potential for abuse, jilted girlfriend posting their ex, a provider burning a customer after a bad review, a disgruntled worker reporting their boss, wow the possibilities of abuse are staggering I could go on forever. The really scary part is those reported have no recourse, the site hides behind the open forum we have no control over what third parties post.

They say on their site that most of their information is gained from posting on sites and msg boards that promote prostitution as providers. Then when prospective John's call gathering that information and reporting it. So now how does one protect oneself during the screening process from this type of extortion?

I am sure glad I do not know of any of these type of sites they refer to that might promote prostitution. I didn't know they had such a website, damn I must be living in a protected naive world.