just a discussion/rant what do ya'll think?

So... I am sure I am not the only lady with this problem, but what do ya'll think about all the phone calls from NON-Members? I only advertise on eccie and P411 and I constantly get calls and text from gentlemen that are not even members of either site with NO references. My ad specifically says must be a member with at least one reference, backpage not acceptable, and not newbie friendly. A lot of them have no idea how to send a private message through eccie or even how to create an account. I have come across this alot lately. My thing is... if they are not a member then why should they have access to reviews, showcases and provider ads? some of them seem to think that I am located in arlington when I have not been there for 3 years now and make reference to 30 and fielder. (that's what makes me think they have access to reviews.) I just dont think they should until they become a member and learn the correct process. what do you all think?
You can see a lot here without being a member. The ROS won't show up in reviews of you but other info, like Activities does. Guys can see what you do without being a member.

Without being logged in, I can see your Showcase, your pics, your stats.

It's free to join, don't understand why lurkers don't join unless they're afraid of getting caught.
My guess is they're finding old reviews on **********, but there are plenty of websites out there with old information on providers. I also guess these guys aren't smart enough to see the dates on these sites/reviews/etc.
Roxy baby, yes, non-members do have access to reviews. Not the ROS part. ah, and non-members have access to the phone number field in P411 too.

It might be too much trouble, but the best way to avoid this is not to list your phone number in either your P411 profile or ECCIE showcase and ads. Only give the number once the guy is screened. Guys should enter "phone : after screening" on the phone field of reviews...

But your old phone is already out the bag, so you would have to change it.
Roxy, happens all of the time.

For emails I have a few sticky notes that I just copy and paste as a reply.
I usually don't answer my phone.. If they don't leave a voicemail I will text, "have we met?" And if they say no, then I reply with the sticky note that pertains.

It takes a lot of stress off of me having to rewrite every time what feels like the same thing..

I will get emails that ask if I am in a place that I was at for a week over six months ago.. Men look at photos, look for key words, then contact. They don't always read all of what we write, it's just how they work.
great idea alyssa I will have to try that. Didnt used to have this problem that often but lately its been continuous. Then when I ask for a PM they have no clue and same with reference. A generic response to all of these would make life a lot easier LOL.
Could just have your publicly visible number be a Google voice number and say you only respond to texts.

You can easily use Google voice with just a computer/Internet browser. Should someone call, ignore and delete the message. When you get a text, just copy/paste a generic reply with the relevant info and reply. If they comply, can give them a second GV number that is forwarded to your phone, or a real number.

The obvious risk here is that the more work a client has to do, the more risk you run of them finding someone who requires less work. Then again, those that jump through the hoops could potentially be better clients.
Screening requirements might be something useful to put in reviews. I'll bet a lot of guys don't click on the Showcase or P411 links to find out anything beyond the phone number listed in the review.
If you post a number, guys will call it assuming your looking for business. Not really that big of an assumption.

Why would anyone join unless they can see enough information to give them a reason to join?

Try logging out then view the site, your showcase, a review etc to see what is visible to non members.
Second the GV responding with a keyboard idea.

Your post makes me understand why some women do not post their phone numbers or email addy on the two sites you mention. They rely on PMs (which I always use as my initial means of contact anyway) and then give out an email address or phone number after the first PM, with an admonition to not share or publicize it.

Would it be feasible to change your hobby email and phone number, and adopt a similar practice? Since you don't want to hear from non-members, is there any downside from taking this approach?

Just some ideas that might help.
Always screen for safety. To many scammers out there. Established hobbiests and providers is best practices for safety.
Well Roxy, I think your well established with a lot of yes fun reviews. So I hope you keep playing safe and keep screening. I know how to send a PM and read a reply and I'm a nube. Be careful 1st sweetgirl
That's an easy fix Roxy, don't post your # only give it to the guys that contact you through eccie or p411 after you've done your screening. You're welcome!
Well that would make it more difficult for me to send her photos of my 1.3" of dangling death.