Lamar Odom.. I hope you pull out of this. Your loved by lots of people.

Lamar odom needs everyones prayers. Drug overdose ** ******* at a a Nevada Love Ranch brothel. They have said he suffered a stoke and brain damage but is not brain dead. My heart goes out to him. His mother died of cancer when he was 12, his youngest of 3 children died at 6 months and two of his close friends died to drug related incidents this summer. And is divorce of Cloey Kardashian. And then his cut from the NBA. I hate this has happened to you. I hope you will come out of this and make it out and be stronger and better.

Staff Edit: Drugs are a forbidden topic here on ECCIE. Read the forum guidelines - Mojo
  • motor
  • 10-15-2015, 09:42 AM
you would think with all the drug related tragedy he would stay the fuck away from it. Guess not, oh well
you would think with all the drug related tragedy he would stay the fuck away from it. Guess not, oh well Originally Posted by motor
yeah.. but it's easy for us to say that, from the outside.. many have succumbed to drugs before Odom, and we keep saying the same thing: he/she had everything to live for.. fame, money, adulation.. the mind has other ideas..
you would think with all the drug related tragedy he would stay the fuck away from it. Guess not, oh well Originally Posted by motor
Sometimes the pull is strong with a loss. Glad to see this isn't just a local NV story.
Most people don't become addicts because they're extremely happy party animals, it's usually the opposite.

Most people use to fight their demons and block out the reality that is around them.

To the addict getting intoxicated is not something to brag about or have fun with on the weekend, they use just to make it through the day. The people who can't make it through the day turn to suicide. Too many people are taking their own lives these days whether it's a Joe Blow at the factory, a rich movie star, or a young teenager. These people might not make that choice if they had positive vibes around them, just being nice and treating people better helps a lot. A few kind words to a stranger could save their life.
When I heard the news via a local sports radio station this had all come down yesterday about Odom my reaction was meh....what. a. (yawn) shock.

Maybe I'm saying this becuz of my present "sports depression state of mind" (ie: the meltdown of the Rangers yesterday and the current injury-funk the Cowboys are in) but I've 100 times more sympathy / compassion for local lovable goat, Elvis Andrus, than what I'll ever have for Lamar Odom or anyone else who makes the type of poor choices he has over these past XYZ years. It's a harsh take, I'm sure....but in this particular case, this is how I feel.

He quit on his teammates and coach Jackson during that 4-game playoff skunking (by our Mavs, btw) and subsequently decided to "fritter away" his NBA career from there. Even though he was the reigning 6th man award winner, he was still traded away to Dallas by his beloved Lakers and showed up uninspired and out of shape. He was virtually useless to the Mavs as it took Carlisle little time to see Odom had lost a step, lost his desire and dedication to the game, and was a substance abuser (though that was kept quiet). The NP's quickly began to pile up and he became a huge Mavs mistake / bust (okay, not as big as Rondo, but he's up there).

I wish him no ill will nor that he lose his life. Perhaps he'll be spared and this will be that "smell the coffee" moment and he'll go on and lead a normal life henceforth. Personally I think he's too weak-willed / minded to be a role model / mentor to anyone (BUT) stranger things have happened. God be with him no matter what takes place from here.
Can we get a mod to correct the spelling in the title of her thread please? It's You're, not Your.
Grow up looser. Or is it losser. Dont hijack a thread with your dumb ass shit.
Wow.

I wasn't trying to hijack your thread or insult you at all. I'm sorry you took it that way and that I seemed to upset you.

P.S. It's "Loser".

Grow up looser. Or is it losser. Dont hijack a thread with your dumb ass shit. Originally Posted by Tara Evans
I thought it was looser, maybe mabe or our losseeer
  • BLM69
  • 10-15-2015, 02:42 PM
Wow.

P.S. It's "Loser". Originally Posted by slubby
with a body like that, who cares is she can't spell

L.O. is a adult so all the bs about his childhood is irrelevant, We as adults make choices and know whats good, bad and ugly, the guy has always been a party animal and having millions didn't help.
Back on topic and Tara drug mention or reference is forbidden here.
Sorry didn't Know. Please sir edit it for me mr mod. Just stating what was on the news.

L.O. is a adult so all the bs about his childhood is irrelevant, We as adults make choices and know whats good, bad and ugly, the guy has always been a party animal and having millions didn't help. Originally Posted by biglatinmale
Yep.
Most people don't become addicts because they're extremely happy party animals, it's usually the opposite.

Most people use to fight their demons and block out the reality that is around them.

To the addict getting intoxicated is not something to brag about or have fun with on the weekend, they use just to make it through the day. The people who can't make it through the day turn to suicide. Too many people are taking their own lives these days whether it's a Joe Blow at the factory, a rich movie star, or a young teenager. These people might not make that choice if they had positive vibes around them, just being nice and treating people better helps a lot. A few kind words to a stranger could save their life. Originally Posted by Trill Jackson
Very Well Said.. Thank you for that.