Verification App - anyone tried this? Thoughts?

http://luxverify.com

Looks intriguing - don't know the cost - I haven't heard of it before - which doesn't mean it's not in wide use, but that would be my concern.

I'm not terribly concerned about privacy in the sense the SO knows about the hobby, but this also looks like another "tell"
There was a thread on it a while back ... I cannot remember where and the downsides. I am too lazy to do the search.
I wouldn't download it.

IMHO, it seems that your personal information could possibly be viewed by the developer when you download it onto your phone.

Also, Apple is not "sex app" friendly. Once they realize what's really going on with that app, it'll only be a matter of time.

I could be wrong with both speculations here, so correct me if I am.

Better safe than sorry.
IMHO, it seems that your personal information could possibly be viewed by the developer when you download it onto your phone. Originally Posted by Adrienne Baptiste
Well, it's definitely possible. The signal to noise ratio would make it kind of self defeating. However, what all app developers have access to is the iTunes/Google Play account info, which essentially means first, last, and city (and at least partial address) for those who download/purchase their app. But again, the risk/reward ratio isn't amenable to abuse. But yea, there's a possibility.

Also, Apple is not "sex app" friendly. Once they realize what's really going on with that app, it'll only be a matter of time. Originally Posted by Adrienne Baptiste
You're absolutely correct, and Google's not much friendlier. Both Apple and Google are down with a certain degree of plausible deniability, though. That's how apps like Tinder and Grindr get to stay-- framing them as dating and social instead of sex cruising apps gives deniability. It's all about not being explicit.

You might still be right about an expiration date on it, though. Apple can be finicky like that.

Better safe than sorry. Originally Posted by Adrienne Baptiste
You're not wrong about that.