If you think a provider just got arrested...

Should you make it public knowledge? I had a session set up w/ an ECCIE provider on NYE, and when I texted her that I was almost there, she didn't respond for a very long time. When I finally got a response 45 mintues later, this is what I got:

(staff edit; content of private text messages removed. You can paraphrase the conversation in a subsequent post if you wish; ztonk)

The provider has since been online. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but how do we know if it's really her we're communicating with now?
I would not worry about it and I would not text her or communicate unless you know 100% sure its her, perhaps meet her face to face before next session
You could try a call instead . Otherwise move on and forget it , if she resurfaces , then you can try again . But I would at least communicate vocally first .
I agree...try calling instead
I got censored so you people have no idea what the situation even was. It's sad to see that I'm trying to help the community out and I get warned for it.

When I finally did receive a text response it was from someone claiming to be her brother. They said she just got arrested and asked me if she was soliciting.

There is no way to know if that was actually her brother or if it was an officer trying to get information. This provider is still posting ads which makes me nervous she may do something to save her own ass or even worse that it may not even be her on the other end.

But no good deed goes unpunished, so fuck it.
Oh and I forgot the part that makes the situation especially suspicious. I wasn't the 1 that made the initial contact to setup the session. She called me out of the blue that afternoon saying she was offering specials because she needed to make rent. Also I have never seen this provider before. I setup a session with her before which was a NCNS.
I did see your full OP. My advice. Up your security. Why put yourself anywhere near a situation like this now or in the future. There are plenty of other options that don't involve this kind of risk. Be smart and safe.
Hi new_to_this,

I'm sure the mod was just following the rules of the board.
Please don't take the edit personally. Like he said you may still paraphrase the convo.
I think you did the right thing by notifying us.

Did you try calling her after the texts you received?
Anything else to report?

While I agree it's best to call and get the full scoop, I surely wouldn't:

"not worry about it" or "wait to see her face to face before the next session"

Especially after what you were told about her in those texts from her alleged brother.

Please ask her about the situation and report back. I think your post was worthy of consideration. This could be a potentially compromising situation, or just someone messing with her business.
Either way, we and she has the right to know in order to clear things up.

Thanks again for looking out.

Ella

While I agree it's best to call and get the full scoop, I surely wouldn't:

"not worry about it" or "wait to see her face to face before the next session"

Especially after what you were told about her in those texts from her alleged brother. Originally Posted by Discreet-Elite
I understand if you disagree with me Ella, but your post seems a bit unlike you??
your reply is making me sound I am dumb ass, and I dont know anything, which is completely wrong

and why should he worry about something he has no control over nor can do anything about?
and meeting face to face is much more telling about someone than over the phone,

perhaps I am being a bit thin skinned?
So who are we talking about anyway ??
Ralph I can't see how you could possibly think it's a good idea to meet face to face after this? Could you explain your thought process?
Ralph I can't see how you could possibly think it's a good idea to meet face to face after this? Could you explain your thought process? Originally Posted by new_to_this
sure, if you meet someone face to face the chances of them being false are less, you are able to see her face, her expressions, her emotions, body language, all the tell tell signs of if someone is trying to deceive you. If she wont look you in the eyes when you speak. things like that...

over the phone LE could be standing right next to her..email could be LE or who knows... reducing your risk is what I am trying to say
I understand if you disagree with me Ella, but your post seems a bit unlike you??
your reply is making me sound I am dumb ass, and I dont know anything, which is completely wrong

and why should he worry about something he has no control over nor can do anything about?
and meeting face to face is much more telling about someone than over the phone,

perhaps I am being a bit thin skinned? Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
Oh no RALPHEY BOY, I would never try to make a man feel like a dumb ass.
My apologies if it came off this way.

I do however disagree with you, and that's that!

Hope you can understand. Take care

Ella
I thought I was reading it the wrong way.. thank you Ella for clarifying. ( :
I guess I don't see how it could be a good idea to meet face to face when there's a possibility that this is LE I am talking to. Seems to me that should be the last thing I should be thinking about.