Bellwether Montana

Since someone claimed Montana as a bellwether, it was refreshing to see this today.

Transgender Montana Rep. Zooey Zephyr barred from House floor for rest of 2023 session over protests

Montana’s GOP-controlled state legislature voted to bar leftist transgender lawmaker Zooey Zephyr from participating on the House floor for the rest of the 2023 session Wednesday.

The move comes after he refused to apologize for telling them last week that they would see blood on their hands over voting to prohibit gender-affirming care **********.

Zephyr will be allowed to vote remotely, but can’t talk about proposals and amendments that are being debated among the 99 Montana house members.

Zephyr said before the Wednesday vote she was taking a stand for the LGBTQ community, her constituents and “democracy itself.”

She accused House Speaker Matt Regier of trying to drive “a nail in the coffin of democracy” by silencing her.

“If you use decorum to silence people who hold you accountable, then all you’re doing is using decorum as a tool of oppression,” Zephyr said.

But House Majority Leader Sue Vinton accused Zephyr of putting lawmakers and staffers in danger because of her actions during protests in the chamber on Monday.

She and other Republicans accused Zephyr of inciting the bombastic protest that interrupted House proceedings when protesters chanted “Let her speak” in the gallery of the statehouse.

Authorities arrested seven people during the chaotic scene.

“Freedom in this body involves obedience to all the rules of this body, including the rules of decorum,” Vinton said.

“This is an assault on our representative democracy, spirited debate, and the free expression of ideas cannot flourish in an atmosphere of turmoil and incivility,” Republican David Bedey also said on the House floor.
The bellwether was Wyoming, not Montana.

Montana is typically a fine place, except for that Montana Freedom Caucus making mountains out of molehills to silence folks who say things they don't like under the pretense of decorum.

I'd still like to own some property there despite the blatant transphobia.
Whenever an entire community is labeled transphobic I start looking at real estate adds. Maybe me and HD will go halfs on a ranch.
We need a leftist, so we'll have to go 3way on this instead of halfsies.
to silence folks who say things they don't like under the pretense of decorum. Originally Posted by HDGristle
So you, like the other leftist who admitted it here, support insurrections as long as they are by Crazy Ass leftists. Good to know
I'm not of the mind that these folks were insurrectionists when I don't believe most of the folks protesting in DC were insurrectionists. Some, not all. Don't see it here but perfectly willing to see you make the case with a compelling argument and sway me.
There is no compelling argument to be made. They are not insurrectionists. Righties are merely using that word in an attempt to downplay and normalize what happened on January 6.
I'm not of the mind that these folks were insurrectionists when I don't believe most of the folks protesting in DC were insurrectionists. Some, not all. Don't see it here but perfectly willing to see you make the case with a compelling argument and sway me. Originally Posted by HDGristle
Well at least you admitted that those protesting on Jan 6 in DC were not insurrectionists. And given you believe that, then shockingly I will agree with you that in the same vane and using the same definition, this leftist tranny was not an insurrectionist.

Sadly there are ill informed leftists that think those protesting on Jan 6 were insurrectionists - yet when crazy ass leftists do similar type things in state houses which would make them, by their definition, insurrectionists, they excuse it and support it. Hell one cheered the leftist Florida insurrection on here and wished it would have been worse

That said, the crazy leftist Tranny still deserved being barred from the House floor for his actions
There is no compelling argument to be made. They are not insurrectionists. Righties are merely using that word in an attempt to downplay and normalize what happened on January 6. Originally Posted by tommy156
It's his argument to make.

In the meantime there were some peaceful protesters, some rioters, some insurrectionists and possibly some seditionists.

Let each face their consequences for their own actions.