LOOK OUT for Bicycles when driving!!!!!!!!!

Please look out for bike riders when driving!

Saturday I had a lady back out of her driveway while on the phone while I was going down the road. Was able to almost stop before I hit the rear wheel on her car. Trashed my front wheel cracked a carbon fiber front fork and a little road rash. My Garmin data logger showed me at 29-mph when I hit my brakes. Have to say I am also at fault as I was speeding 20-MPH posted speed limit. $500.00 Damage to my bike and a bunch of road rash for me.
This Really sucks!
At to further salt the wounds...... I did not feel up to going on the Nekid bike ride.

Alpine
I am so glad you are okay. Sorry to hear about your bike.
Glad your ok!
Nikki and Monica,
Thank you for your kind thoughts and words.

With regards,
Alpine
Glad you are okay!

Sorry about your bike and road rash, and missing the naked bike ride.

xoxo
A
Sounds like it coulda been a lot worse, A.
Glad you survived!

Unfortunately, this happens way too much (distracted driving accidents). Folks on bikes or motorcycles know it all too well.
Glad you 're doing ok, it could've been alot worse! Good to see some of the old group still around! Brt
Thanks all. My knee is still swelled up. Not stopping me eat some adviil and keep going. Ocean swimming is very good therapy
Thanks all. My knee is still swelled up. Not stopping me eat some adviil and keep going. Ocean swimming is very good therapy Originally Posted by Alpine
When did Missouri acquire beachfront property? Did the Yellowstone volcano erupt while I wasn't looking? Old group needs to get together for a beer.
No ocan in mo. Visiting family in east coast.. got to love the north Atlantic Ocean. 5 foot tide change. Body surfing and belly boarding. Salt water, ocean smellls, lobster fresh from the water, I have missed it! Fly back layer today. Went mountain biking twice with my nephew
Moved here from Coed Discussions; not lifestyle related.
Scorpio,
Sorry I started this in the wrong area. I will try to make sure future posts are in the correct spot.
Alpine