Age of Majority, and legasl age to Vote?

Right now, you don't need an FFL for a gun sale unless the sale crosses state lines. Originally Posted by Crock
private party
  • Crock
  • 03-26-2019, 10:01 AM
private party Originally Posted by abqspencer
Correct.
  • Crock
  • 03-26-2019, 10:03 AM
A hand gun bought in Kansas is not sold to you until it is delivered in Missouri for an additional transfer fee. The Kansas Dealer has the handgun delivered to the Missouri dealer where you pickit up. So an FFL is not needed. Originally Posted by JRLawrence
Those dealers are FFLs.
A hand gun bought in Kansas is not sold to you until it is delivered in Missouri for an additional transfer fee. The Kansas Dealer has the handgun delivered to the Missouri dealer where you pickit up. So an FFL is not needed. A long gun can be purchased in Kansas by a Missouri resident. Some dealers will not do the transfer thing because it is additional work.

No license is required to own a gun, or purchase a gun. There are requirements for the state you reside in because it makes it easier to do the background check when you fill out the forms. You can also get a form to get a clearance before the purchase so that you don't have to wait for the three day period, if it does not clear immediately. I used to always get delayed clearance because of parts of my military record that were sealed records. It frustrated the hell out of the Feds. So I got the preclearance done, and now every purchase goes through immediately, just pay for the gun and leave. Originally Posted by JRLawrence
Here the only 'delay' is while the FFL waits for your FBI check to come back. Usually, it takes 5 minutes. If it goes over 8 minutes the FFL is authorized to complete the transfer anyway.

a 'NO' should come back immediately.

In our town the only storefront business we have is a gunsmith, a group of local men meets there regularly for coffee. I spend a lot of my time there every week.
I'm in my 60's and who the hell wants to grow uo?
I always say, when the question comes up, where who grew up, I don't know where I'm going to grow up.

Here is another one.
Why do kids stay on parents insurance till?
I duno?
And what about different states on age for birth control or abortions?
Still waiting for a legal definition of Age of Majority, Age of Consent, and the concept of adulthood or free agency.

What is an "Emancipated Minor"?

anyone?
I want to own a gun so bad and there won't let me buy one. I guess should of never told them about being in mental hosible. Or the VPO or want to protect my self against cops.
I want to own a gun so bad and there won't let me buy one. I guess should of never told them about being in mental hosible. Or the VPO or want to protect my self against cops. Originally Posted by Ripmany
In every state in the nation, any firearms dealer will require that you fill out an ATF form 4473.

If you admit that you have been committed to a mental institution, then you can not purchase a firearm.

I know that Law Enforcement personnel do not always help the victims as they should. but if you feel threatened by a cop, the last thing you want to do is to present a firearm. In your mind, you might think that you are defending yourself, but they will shoot you. They train for it all the time.