RIP Hole in the Wall Hamburgers.

Does anyone know what happened to Hole in the Wall? One of the best burgers in town. It couldn't have been the salaries or spending money on decor.

Chipper
Still there as far as I knew... just not open early in the day.
  • ~Ze~
  • 09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Damn.. miss that place.. one of the best greasy spoons Dallas has to offer.
I have plans to be within a stone's throw of that corner soon so I'll swing by for a burger and let you know if they are still serving.
Agreed on HITW having the best burgers. But Scotty P's chili cheeseburger is a close second
Just got back from Harry Hines and Forest.

Looked deserted but no way to look inside. Meter is still on the pole.

This was about 6:30 PM today.
Noticed also that it appeared closed to me the last couple of times I passed by.
I will dearly miss that place. Been going there since the late 70's and my all time favorite grease burger ever.

Any recommendations of who else is similar in the way they always made the burgers?
  • mrod
  • 09-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Never made it to hole... but i heard it was damn good... Best greasy burger i had is in Celina... little shack on the corner... dont remember the name though...
Damn, next thing you know Keller's will be gone.
Drove by the other day and it looks closed ... During day around lunch time and later in the early evening... One of the best burgers of all time... Made this fat boy cry seeing it closed...
OH No Sweetie the Hole in the Wall is still there and fully operational. Drove by there the other day and saw a few of Dallas' Finest enjoying a GREASY ASS burger. I love there burgers. But if you are a big burger fan and every up around Frankford and the tollway you should try BURGER Xtreme in the shopping center of Albertsons. I love their burgers!!! Use to eat there 2 times a week when i lived over there.
Try club Schmitz at 9661 Denton drive.been there since 1946 and I have been going there for thirty years.small place with jukebox and a waitress named flo with a beehive hair-doo.great burgers and atmosphere.do a google search for reviews and some pics,enjoy.dollar14 out.