Who's Calling Please...??

Who the heck is calling, when caller ID says: 000-000-0000??

This wasn't on my cell or work number, but rather a personal phone.
Who has a number like that? The White House? Telemarketers?

I get some weird area codes on that phone once in a while....it's odd. They never leave a message.

Has anyone else ever encountered a phone number with all ZEROs like that before?
Could be anything from a scam to a pollster to just about any thing else. .....if you you ur phone does not accept calls from blocked numbers I heard that there are ways to get around that by the caller being able to enter or use 000-000-0000. You can always answer and ask who they are and if they are some type of telemarketer ask them to take ur number off the list
You can also block that number from calling again on your cell phone, depending what type of cell phone you have. Good luck, I hate those calls. Every time I get a telemarketing call I enter it as a contact and then block that number. I have a contact in my address book called "Blocked Numbers" and every time I get a call from someone I don't want to talk to I just add it to that contact and then block the number.
At one point in time several years back, maybe in the early 2000s(?) outcalls from the San Antonio city switchboard number would show the zeroes. Turns out several providers reported that they were LE callers using the block id feature on the telephones. *67 and at that time the phone company software apparently would show up as 000-000-0000.

Doing that now, the calling number most likely will show up as "unknown" but not always.
Thanks very much for all the input.
Interesting....
It could be a computer generated number from skype, spoofnumber or other automated number generators.
I got another call yesterday afternoon on my work phone...this one was a telemarketer because I picked it up and it was a recording, but the number was: 512-059-4744.

Another how the heck is that possible....059. I didn't know any numbers began with a zero like that in the formula of phone numbers.
I did a google search and it comes up with 059 as being the country code for Italy. The zeroes number, no idea, I've gotten a few calls like that too.
The 059 was in the middle of the number, so that isn't a country code for that Austin number I posted, but thanks for that info. just the same.
It's scammers for sure
When you have a t1 line and a whole block of numbers you can set the # to show pretty much anything you like. Most of the time 000#s are this. The 059 could also be something similar. Pm me to discuss further.
I answered a call recently on my landline from 000-000-0000 just because I was curious. She said she was with Nielson the TV survey people. I gave her crap about it being illegal to spoof caller ID, she apologized and said it was because they were using VOIP...
I always make some nasty comment about LE.
About them being LE or YOU being LE?
I just say tell them I hate all pigs. And also say "oink, oink" into the phone at them.