Board personas and the hobby...

So I'm curious, and this pertains to both men and women here...

Does one's board persona have an impact on your decision to see someone or put you off from seeing them?

For example if someone writes something on here or their style intrigues me a bit, then I'm far more interested in seeing them...Before I ever met WU in person I always thought I would probably want to have really rough angry sex with him and slap each other around a bit

Guys- Do you get put off by providers that are constantly creating drama on the boards/attention whores etc..To the point that you wouldn't even consider booking them?

Ladies- Would you let someone who maybe has a more abrasive posting style (Example Wakeup) stop you from agreeing to a booking if they asked, or does their board persona have any impact on your decision at all?

Just curious...and bored..and hormonal..so humour me
ECCIE has made several introductions for me with lurkers. Very few regular posters contact me, however I do socialize with some. Occasionally, I will PM someone I find interesting, and that usually is just foreplay .
I believe that if you post it then it comes from your mind so there is really no separating yourself from who you are on here. In fact I would be willing to bet that who you are on here is far more likely who you are inside than what you are like in person.

That being said yes board personas do affect my decision as to whether or not I want to meet someone in person.
Yes. I've never scheduled with some of these providers for no other reason than that they annoy me. I'm sure there are some that wouldn't schedule me either. So be it. Good luck connecting my screening info to this handle...
Most of the providers I have seen would never know it was me.
On the other hand some do know, if I choose to tell them.

Most of my excursions are based on what I gather to be a fun person that I think can provide the illusion that she not only enjoys what she is doing but that she enjoys doing it with me.
I am not looking for frinedships or a relationship that lasts for more than an hour or so. I do not get involved in the non-working lives of providers and I do not want them involved in my personal life outside of the hobby.

Having been around the boards for almost a decade, I see that drama is a two way street and not limited to the ladies.
There are pms?
I never liked Wakeup
I believe that if you post it then it comes from your mind so there is really no separating yourself from who you are on here. In fact I would be willing to bet that who you are on here is far more likely who you are inside than what you are like in person.

That being said yes board personas do affect my decision as to whether or not I want to meet someone in person. Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
I agree EA.

Sometimes a providers board persona intrigues me.
Providers call it marketing
So I'm curious, and this pertains to both men and women here...

Does one's board persona have an impact on your decision to see someone or put you off from seeing them?

For example if someone writes something on here or their style intrigues me a bit, then I'm far more interested in seeing them...Before I ever met WU in person I always thought I would probably want to have really rough angry sex with him and slap each other around a bit

Guys- Do you get put off by providers that are constantly creating drama on the boards/attention whores etc..To the point that you wouldn't even consider booking them?

Ladies- Would you let someone who maybe has a more abrasive posting style (Example Wakeup) stop you from agreeing to a booking if they asked, or does their board persona have any impact on your decision at all?

Just curious...and bored..and hormonal..so humour me Originally Posted by Valerie
I don't know. Based on my "board persona" would you fuck me?
I always liked Dearhunter...his off the board persona buys lunch...his board persona is just a dick...
I have always thought that what a person posts here reflects a lot on his/her personality. It may just be smoke, but there's got to be some embers there somewhere. I'm pretty much the same on the board as off, as my gentlemen callers will attest, so be warned.

I'm happy you're happy with Wakeup, Valerie, and not that he'd book with me anyway, but no, I wouldn't ever contemplate seeing him for any amount of money, jewelry, or a black credit card with unlimited air miles to the Jameson factory in Ireland. I don't want to go to jail for trying to strangle him. (Hmmm, could I pass it off as a freaky sexual accident?) He makes me crazy. You're up for sainthood for bearing with him.

I'm sure there are those who won't see me for something I've said or revealed, like the "second person" I lost; my chihuahua fetish; a rather unnatural lust for leprechauns; my closet full of 12W shoes threatening to avalanche and impale anyone passing by at the time on multiple 5-inch spikes; my fascination with dragons and draconian corsets that launch my boobs into orbit with Pegasus; my tendency to defend whales, turtles, lions, tigers, and bears, oh my; or something I typed while drinking too much Irish whiskey late at night. (Oops, she says, pushing the bottle away.) Oh, well.
I believe that if you post it then it comes from your mind so there is really no separating yourself from who you are on here. In fact I would be willing to bet that who you are on here is far more likely who you are inside than what you are like in person. Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
I agree EA. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
I agree too. This would be a very safe bet.
It always surprises me how some people can take little blinky pixels on a computer screen so seriously that they'd contemplate physical harm to another person over it...in fact, having any type of physical, emotional, or psychological response solely based on anything written here always struck me as the height of lunacy...

Board persona or not, if you're affected by what someone says on a hooker board you've got deep seated emotional problems that the rest of us will never be able to help you with...
It always surprises me how some people can take little blinky pixels on a computer screen so seriously that they'd contemplate physical harm to another person over it...in fact, having any type of physical, emotional, or psychological response solely based on anything written here always struck me as the height of lunacy...

Board persona or not, if you're affected by what someone says on a hooker board you've got deep seated emotional problems that the rest of us will never be able to help you with... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Really? If you can't tell when I'm being facetious by now, you never will, so worries me not about what you think the status of my emotional well-being is.

This board reflects the world we inhabit, which is distinctly separate from the "other" reality but still has many of us revolving in orbit around it, especially providers who make their sole living off the Hobby. We have to be here, and be aware of what goes on here. To not be somewhat affected by the drama, disrespect, and just plain bad karma evidenced on ECCIE would show a callous disregard for humanity. Oh, wait, we're talking about you. Never mind.