Sorry and embarrassed to post this. The Scientific Fundamentalist: Liberals are more intelligent than conservatives

There are all kinds of extremely detailed and independent studies that confirm this. I'm only posting this one which isn't that detailed. In fact I don't think you'll find a single study that shows conservatives are smarter.

I report you decide. Enjoy

Analyses of large representative samples, from both the United States and the United Kingdom, confirm this prediction. In both countries, more intelligent children are more likely to grow up to be liberals than less intelligent children. For example, among the American sample, those who identify themselves as “very liberal” in early adulthood have a mean childhood IQ of 106.4, whereas those who identify themselves as “very conservative” in early adulthood have a mean childhood IQ of 94.8.

Even though past studies show that women are more liberal than men, and blacks are more liberal than whites, the effect of childhood intelligence on adult political ideology is twice as large as the effect of either sex or race. So it appears that, as the Hypothesis predicts, more intelligent individuals are more likely to espouse the value of liberalism than less intelligent individuals, possibly because liberalism is evolutionarily novel and conservatism is evolutionarily familiar.

Source
And who wrote, administered, analyzed, and reported these "studies"?
And who wrote, administered, analyzed, and reported these "studies"? Originally Posted by LexusLover

Many different independent studies. All you have to do is google. I'm sure conservatives are peeved by this but even a surface reason of this topic would make any independent thinker a believer. It's not meant as an insult but it actually makes sense that would be the case. Traditionalists and "believers" are typically closed minded people by default so I can see how it would affect intelligence.

Prime Example --> Conservatives going against the grain of the global scientific community regarding climate change.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...an-nature.html
The man who came up with this hypothesis is apparently an ultra liberal from the UK that also thinks that atheists are more intelligent than theists, that beautiful people have more daughters and men with higher IQ's are less likely to cheat.
OK. Bases on this board that last one may have some merit...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...an-nature.html
The man who came up with this hypothesis is apparently an ultra liberal from the UK that also thinks that atheists are more intelligent than theists, that beautiful people have more daughters and IQ men with higher IQ's are less likely to cheat.
OK. Bases on this board that last one may have some merit... Originally Posted by boardman

There are so many studies that I've recently skimmed. I don't have the energy to post them right now but maybe later. I'm going through news feeds prepping for Obama's historic speech tonight. What Obama is doing is something Jesus would have done I think that's something you religious purists (despite being on a hooker board) would agree with.
There are so many studies that I've recently skimmed. I don't have the energy to post them right now but maybe later. I'm going through news feeds prepping for Obama's historic speech tonight. What Obama is doing is something Jesus would have done I think that's something you religious purists (despite being on a hooker board) would agree with. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
Read your bible, If you have one. Jesus was very particular to stay out of politics despite the many questions he was asked in order to trap him. Your statement above is as stupid as saying MLK opposed or supported illegal immigration.
There are so many studies that I've recently skimmed. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
Well, here's the "reality study" .... Jonathan Gruber, the touted and much praised MIT expert (at least until recently) confessed that he "duped" the "voters" into believing all that was said about the ACA ("Obamacare") ....

based on "reality" the only "voters' (and media) who bought his bullshit ...

.....were liberals.

The conservatives were saying it wasn't what was being reported.

The only "voters" he fooled were the liberals. Brilliant, huh?
Read your bible, If you have one. Jesus was very particular to stay out of politics despite the many questions he was asked in order to trap him. Your statement above is as stupid as saying MLK opposed or supported illegal immigration. Originally Posted by boardman

I've read the Bible and well versed in it to be honest. However , the main point here is that based on his life's work Jesus would have been for the poor , downtrodden, and "illegals" in this case. He likely would have granted them "amnesty" just like he "did" for the thief who was crucified next to him.

Luke 23.
Well, here's the "reality study" .... Jonathan Gruber, the touted and much praised MIT expert (at least until recently) confessed that he "duped" the "voters" into believing all that was said about the ACA ("Obamacare") ....

based on "reality" the only "voters' (and media) who bought his bullshit ...

.....were liberals.

The conservatives were saying it wasn't what was being reported.

The only "voters" he fooled were the liberals. Brilliant, huh? Originally Posted by LexusLover

Fact is the conservatives never read it they were opposed to the Presidents skin color from day one nothing more nothing less so your point falls with a thud. What Liberals did buy is what the FACTS show today and that is that more people have health insurance and benefiting from the Obamacare than before it was implemented. Folks who were previously covered under bad plans now how adequate plans that meet the standards of decent care. Those are facts that cannot be legitimately argued. So whatever Gruber thinks he sold it's working for millions more ;-)
Fact is the conservatives never read it Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
And you know this "fact" from whom? Gruber?

Zanzibar ... are these the same "studies" that "proved"

.... White men are smarter than Black men?
I report you decide. Enjoy Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
You are not "reporting" .... you are "deciding."
And you know this "fact" from whom? Gruber?

Zanzibar ... are these the same "studies" that "proved"

.... White men are smarter than Black men? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Possibly but I can't say for certain. I'd have to delve into the rationale behind that particular thought process which I've debated at various times over the years. Now my challenge for you as a white man is to figure out why I have such an expansive world view and not assume I agree or disagree with such an assertion.

Guys like myself, Obama, and Eric Holder are definately under Par for the course. ;-) I quite love the perception as it pertains to myself. I also like giving people who would otherwise be voiceless a voice online.
I've read the Bible and well versed in it to be honest. However , the main point here is that based on his life's work Jesus would have been for the poor , downtrodden, and "illegals" in this case. He likely would have granted them "amnesty" just like he "did" for the thief who was crucified next to him.

Luke 23. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
I reject the premise entirely. As I said, Jesus was very particular to stay out of these types of arguments despite repeated attempts to lure him in. He was not put on this earth to be in a political position to do such a thing so the argument that he would is nothing more than a strawman.
However, If I am to entertain your strawman for a moment I believe his response, had the question been posed, would have been similar to his stance on taxes. Also a question specifically designed and worded to lure him into a political debate which he skillfully answered non-politically.

The thief was not given political amnesty otherwise he would not have been crucified. He was given everlasting life for putting his faith in the fact that Jesus would forgive his sins on earth thus be allowed in Heaven and not telling him that if he was who he said he was he would save himself. The allegory, if you want to see it as one, is that even in his final moments the thief was able to gain forgiveness. It's meant as a story of hope.
Fact is the conservatives never read it they were opposed to the Presidents skin color from day one nothing more nothing less so your point falls with a thud. What Liberals did buy is what the FACTS show today and that is that more people have health insurance and benefiting from the Obamacare than before it was implemented. Folks who were previously covered under bad plans now how adequate plans that meet the standards of decent care. Those are facts that cannot be legitimately argued. So whatever Gruber thinks he sold it's working for millions more ;-) Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
If it is about skin color then why do many conservatives, even ones on this board, support Herman Cain, Dr. Carson, or Allen West?
I reject the premise entirely. As I said, Jesus was very particular to stay out of these types of arguments despite repeated attempts to lure him in. He was not put on this earth to be in a political position to do such a thing so the argument that he would is nothing more than a strawman.
However, If I am to entertain your strawman for a moment I believe his response, had the question been posed, would have been similar to his stance on taxes. Also a question specifically designed and worded to lure him into a political debate which he skillfully answered non-politically.

The thief was not given political amnesty otherwise he would not have been crucified. He was given everlasting life for putting his faith in the fact that Jesus would forgive his sins on earth thus be allowed in Heaven and not telling him that if he was who he said he was he would save himself. The allegory, if you want to see it as one, is that even in his final moments the thief was able to gain forgiveness. It's meant as a story of hope. Originally Posted by boardman
The thief was given something much greater than political amnesty. So lay bear your faith for me I appreciate that now let me educate you despite you being ever the older ever the wiser.

The lesson in greater context is that Jesus forgave a man (for entrance into Heaven itself) that put faith in him despite the man being a criminal (which illegals are for being illegal). Jesus showed that he was beyond politics and his sacrifice was never to save himself it was to truly sacrifice on behalf of mankind. The lesson is there for Obama to follow. Obama being more Christ-like than any Republican in Congress fighting to rip families apart for political gain. Obama is reaching back to try and help with a problem that has existed for 30+ yrs. He's really teaching the Republicans a lesson is a very strategic way and for any who are on the religious right they ought to be ashamed at having learned this lesson from a "Black Muslim".