Scarborough Faire starts Saturday. Kids get in free up to 12

It's MY time of year!!! I'll be there Saturday decked out with mead in the cooler. If you want the secret to parking in the very front row every single time, PM me. I've been doing it for 20 years.

Hope some old friends will come out to have your best day ever. Who are my rennie loving providers? We have got to meet up.
Faire out here SUCKS! One weekend. I will truly miss it this year.
I took my little one there last year and she's been asking about it. Gotta remember to mark it on my calendar to take her.
Do they still do the show with the birds of prey (falcons)? It's been yrs since I last took the fam....my little ones loved that show!
honestly can anybody explain the appeal of this fair?? I can't for the life of me understand why grown people want to dress up in costumes and pretend to be in another time....when 2015 is as awesome as it is....and soon to be even more awesome when Trump becomes president....fill me in
really anybody?????
It's all about the wenches....mmmmm
Kayla, I know you asked for ladies to respond, but I hope you don't mind me chiming in.

For the first time in 20 years I visited Scarborough Faire last year. I took two young ladies with me and we had a very good time. For one of the ladies it was her first visit in many years and she wanted to see what was going on.

My other friend attends fairly regularly and she and I also go to the festival close to Houston every year.

I did not see the Birds of Prey, but I LOVE Iris and Rose. They are hilarious.

Due to work, I may not make it this year, but it is fun.

I did not dress up for this, although I usually wear a kilt when I go to the Renaissance festival. Why? It's fun, it's different and a chance to escape the real world for a while.

It's not for everybody, but I always enjoy my visits.

Hope you have a great time there Kayla. Wish I could be there to see you in your finery. (Although I'm sure you look MUCH better with only your natual finery on).
Kayla can we have a bunk up out there darling?
+1 to Butch's question.
  • broes
  • 04-11-2016, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by broes
Hey I will never apologize for being a nerd. The rest of you don't apologize for being assholes.

As far as why do grown ups dress up and go play? Well it couldn't be for the naughty shows or alcohol, or secret sex under the troll bridge, or drinking beer from women's cleavage (for free), or the many asses you get to grab on both sides, or the sheer pleasure of dancing barefoot in the rain as you listen to some fucking outstanding music, or the fact it exists in a bubble of time and space that has nothing to do with your real life and the mundane, or (for those of us that party with the actual ren folks) the wild Wolfe runs on a full moon where everyone runs butt nekked through the faire till you end up at the water falls and have a giant drum jam orgy.

It's my happy place. Has been for decades. Had a great time this weekend. I hope you guys get to visit. Hey but make sure you go with someone that has been before so you get a better show.
Hey butch please clarify. 😄
LMAO, butch
I believe the free admission for kids was good only on opening weekend, 4/9-4/10.