Forum Provider Poker Competition

• ~Ze~
  • 11-30-2010, 11:38 AM
This is just one of my crazy ass ideas that I think up in the shower... I feel I got it to the point where I can offer it up to y'all and let you rip it apart. Don't worry about being gentle... just help me fill in the holes.

I will call this the "deconstruction discussion" thread. Here I want as many opinions as as I can get. Let's brainstorm and see if this would even be possible. If this idea makes it past this thread, my plan is to have a trial game to see how it goes before anyone has to ante.

*kiss*
~Z~

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once the Game is operational I hope to have each card link to a ladies profile.

Game-
Provider Poker
52 cards, optional 2 or 4 jokers
Standard Poker rules apply.
No house rules. Yet.

Eligibility-
Only open to Active Reviewers and Verified Providers(Please see additional Playing Card Requirements at the bottom)
Active is described – one review per month or more. (This may be reworded to Premium Access only)

Game Play-
Providers are assigned a card value.
I will have to mix the ladies to set up the cards in a challenging way.
Guys get a playing card by reviewing a lady listed in the card list.
Tournaments will begin on a Monday. Review can be dated as “second week of” and count, since the card list will not be visible until the game begins.
Only reviews dated after the beginning of the tournament count towards playing cards.
Reviews must also be 1 hour or longer to qualify.
Playing cards are not announced until the one week sign up has closed and the tournament begins
ALL SCREENGING IS UP TO THE PARTICIPANTS, THE LADIES’ SCREENING IS FINAL – I nor ECCIE vouch for ANY of the players or cards.

Versions-
Best Hand Wins-
Each player starts from scratch. You have set time limits (depending on round type) to complete the best hand possible.

Future version- (incomplete ideas on these)
Texas Hold’em-
Pick any two ladies on the playing board if you already have a review of her - complete 5 more reviews to earn your playing cards and make the best hand possible. (may need to have different sets of ladies or cards for each flop/turn/river)

Deuces wild- no jokers but the 2 cards of any suit are wild.

Round Types-
QuickDraw - Gents who review at least once a week - Shorter round (6weeks).
Slowpoke - Gents who review less than once a week - Longer round (12 weeks).
High Roller- Reviews only count for 2 hour sessions or longer. May add a higher ante for this round. (12 weeks)

Ante-
Option 1 - Guys can ante up with cash at an “event” for $20.
Option 2 - GreentDot

Quick Draw or Slowpoke-
If there are Less than 15 players - then there is no round.
15-19 players- the prize is 1 hour (250 value) with lady of choice.
20 participants, the prize is 1 hour (300 value) with lady of choice. “Kitty” will go towards future or extra pots.
30 participants, the prize is 2 hours (500 value) with lady of choice. “Kitty” will go towards future or extra pots.
Additional or longer prizes may be added based on the number of players.

High Roller prize will be determined by number of antes. (still working this out)
I am thinking a minimum of 10 players for a round to begin. 2 hour (500 value) prize.
The prize will increase as more players join this round.

*Kitty* is the remainder “antes” and will go towards future or extra prizes.
Future pots and additional prizes may include things such as a secondary winner, (please help me with other prize ideas).

Winner-
It will be the responsibility of the players/cards to notify me of all credits.
I may keep up with it on my own, depending on how hard/easy the trial round goes.
All results will be verified and the cards of all players posted.
The public will be able to see the winning hand and verify the results.
The pot will be delivered to the prize personally, ONCE the player passes the lady’s screening. (Must be confirmed, will not be published)
(Not that I don’t trust the gents, but this is the fairest way I have come up with payments.)
I haven’t quite figured out how to get the “prize” her money, so any suggestions here are welcome. Still unsure how to work the confirmation etc.

In the event of a tie- there is no split pot – the contenders will have X amount of time to XXXX
I am having a hard time coming up with a way to settle this sort of situation..
This game has not been set up with the thought of ONLY one of each card. It is NOT a normal game of poker. This means that there may well be two hands exactly the same as the “highest hand”. In this situation we turn to the tie breaker. As of yet, this has not been determined.

Badges-
I have created a set of badges/cards that I can add into sig lines. Playing cards can/probably will be linked to the review once in your sig creating a way to show off your “hand”. This is only an option and can be used to increase competition amongst players.

QuickDraw – Has “Blind” Game play. Only winner will have badges to show off “winning hand” after the round has finished.

Slowpoke - There is enough time for me to organize it and allow everyone to have badges. This means hands may be seen during game play. Players may opt out, but the player list and reviews will be visible by all participants.

Another option for this would be, allowing me to have editing rights to the main post in the Game Play thread and I will update the “players” hands there, and making no need to me to keep up with individual sig lines. This will make for a visual update/game board for people to follow along with.
Only possible if there is a way to have “mod” abilities on the sign up and the game play threads. I may need to have a sub forum and mod rights granted for JUST that forum.

EXTRAS-
I have created “card” templates, and may be used as visuals on the “game board” as well as a custom playing card and avatar for the ladies.
A “winning”/ “runner up” etc banner may be created for the players. Open to ideas here.

(*Hopes Makenzee doesn't kill me*)

Playing Card Requirements-

Any lady that would like to be listed as a playing card-
MUST -
Be willing to commit to the FULL 12 weeks.
Have at least 3 reviews and 5 ads on the site to be considered.
Understand that cards are limited, and I will do my best to be fair in assigning cards. If there are less than 52 ladies playing, some girls will get more than one card. The cards will be changed with each game.

Guys - additional rules -

If you schedule with a provider and there is a NCNS, you will receive your playing card IF you post a proper alert/NCNS review.
Inability to pass screening is NOT a valid reason to file a claim for credit. Choose your “hand” wisely…
Don't we always play poke-her with a provider?

Your post made me think of this quote from Worm (Edward Norton's character) in the movie Rounders:

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake man. They are the fuckin' rake."

But seriously... Thank you for your very creative idea and best of luck with the competition. Let me know if you need me to shuffle your deck.
Cute! sounds good and creative. I look forward to your results.
all of my reviews are on different sites.
I am very curious!
Ok, so basically the "game" will favor those who have the means to see a bunch of ladies in a short period of time to collect more cards to make a hand with.

I'm not sure about this, do the guys know the card value of the ladies ahead of time or only after the session ends?

Who determines which providers are high end cards and who are lower end cards? I see hurt feelings here because card values could steer guys to certain providers.

Drama Will Robinson! Drama!
Ze, the next time you need a great idea in the shower, call me.
  • ~Ze~
  • 11-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Ok, so basically the "game" will favor those who have the means to see a bunch of ladies in a short period of time to collect more cards to make a hand with.

I'm not sure about this, do the guys know the card value of the ladies ahead of time or only after the session ends?

Who determines which providers are high end cards and who are lower end cards? I see hurt feelings here because card values could steer guys to certain providers.

Drama Will Robinson! Drama! Originally Posted by Jobe0111
Time Period- I have set up at least two different time periods. A 6 week quick play for those that can manage it and a 12 week slow play for those that like to mosey along. You only need 5 cards. Do you see more than 5 providers in 12 weeks? Then it is possible for you to have the best hand. I am willing to make a longer round if needed, open to any suggestions that would include as many possible groups of folks. Hell, some even mentioned I make a blind game, that doesn't require reviews.

Card Values- The guys will know the value of the cards when the "round" begins. This will be before any sessions are even in screening process. But since you will NOT know the cards ahead of time, everyone has a fair chance of making a suitable hand.

The selection of the cards- There is a chance of the ladies getting their feelings hurt, but only a little. I do NOT plan on putting all of any category of ladies in either the face or number cards. This means, there will be no "all vets" - "all FOTM" - "all HDH" "all spinner" "all BBW" etc in ANY group. I plan to mix it up well and as fairly as possible. This also means that there will be no "all RMT as 4's" allowing you to get an easy 4/5 of a kind. But it is still an idea...

I just plan on making it difficult to get those high profile winning hands. It may be better for a guy to go for a straight in the middle than a flush or even a high pair. Sadly, this will have to be based on my judgement. I would love to have at least one or two male advisors for this.

I could also go the route of a randomizer. We used one all the time in my other games for lotteries. I am sure I can pull one up for dealing cards. That will make it even more fair, but it does not take into account details about this lifestyle.

It also depends on which ladies volunteer.

Sounds fun but I would be ineligible for play...all of my reviews are on different sites. Originally Posted by theMILFnextdoor
Even the chance to win a 2 hour(or more) session with the lady of your choice can't convince you to write up your reviews here? *wink wink*
Did anybody read past the part about wanting her holes to be be filled?
Did anybody read past the part about wanting her holes to be be filled? Originally Posted by cpi3000
i'm with you on this cpi.

ze, i can appreciate and do appreciate all the thought, time, and energy you have put into this. it just all seems so complex and weighty. anything over 7 instructions is too much, imo [remember the 7 +/- 2 rule].

i dont even know what the payoff is, there is too much to read.

how about you just make a deck of cards w/ the women of the dallas/ft worth area on the cards [like makenzee's card] and then sell the deck of cards to raise money for charitable orgs in the area?? better than a calendar!!
Too much work when I just wanna fuck. Try baths from now on.