Blast from the past

So today I'm a bit bored. Decide to go for a drive. Hey remember King's restaurants? None in the area. Decide to punch one in to my phone and I end up past Monroeville

2362 Golden Mile Hwy, Pittsburgh, PA 15239

There is a King's here (across the street) that looks like it was pulled out of 1999. I swear it has the exact same layout as one of the first King's that closed decades ago.

Across the street is a Wendys which looks like it skipped the 'modern' redesign that so many stores had gone through the past 10 years... It has a sun room and everything.

Does anyone else know of any hole in the wall (not those kind) places that haven't been 'modernized'?
The Kings in Delmont was like that too, it just closed recently.
I kinda miss the King's in Crafton (now a GetGo). That was the "two-call landmark" for every girl working out of the motels in Crafton. I can't count how many appointments I had that started with "Go to the King's, and call me from there".

I know the one in Bridgeville was there until relatively recently (last few years). Where, when I say it was "there", I just mean the structure was there and the signs still said King's. Not sure when it stopped operating. It's a Mexican restaurant now.
There was an Isaly's that looked exactly like they used to in Wexford and in Turtle Creek. They both might still be there, but it has been a while since I been in those area's. Also a DQ on Rt8. near Butler that still has the very old design. I am pretty sure that one is still there.
My brother was a busboy at that kings in the late 70s
There was an Isaly's that looked exactly like they used to in Wexford and in Turtle Creek. They both might still be there, but it has been a while since I been in those area's. Also a DQ on Rt8. near Butler that still has the very old design. I am pretty sure that one is still there. Originally Posted by dav352
There's still an "Islays" in West View...it's now called I.S.L.A.Y.S because they can't legally use the name. I Shall Always Love You Sweetie
https://patch.com/pennsylvania/north...not-going-away
Does anyone else know of any hole in the wall (not those kind) places that haven't been 'modernized'? Originally Posted by onawbtngr546
There used to be an old Burger King that was converted to Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe up on the hill in Crafton. I don't know if it's still there or not, but it literally looked like a burger king that sold hot dogs lol
There used to be an old Burger King that was converted to Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe up on the hill in Crafton. I don't know if it's still there or not, but it literally looked like a burger king that sold hot dogs lol Originally Posted by yinzerpgh
There was a Burger King in the South Side that wasn’t an official BK.
There’s still a kings on Mosside in Monroeville, also still (I believe) an Islay’s in Washington.
There used to be an old Burger King that was converted to Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe up on the hill in Crafton. I don't know if it's still there or not, but it literally looked like a burger king that sold hot dogs lol Originally Posted by yinzerpgh
I've been there. Pretty good value for your money. It isn't fine dining but it is a step up from fast food

There’s still a kings on Mosside in Monroeville, also still (I believe) an Islay’s in Washington. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme

That'll be my next visit I think

There was a Burger King in the South Side that wasn’t an official BK. Originally Posted by bambino
That was... hilarious and sad at the same time. I never went there when it was not BK though
OMG! I was a busboy at the Kings in Sarver (now closed) while doing my 2nd degree. It was a job I loved to hate. But still, I had fun there. When I left there a lot of people quit. I always said it was because the guy who's doing all the work was leaving.
The Wendy's on rt 286 wasn't a Wendy's originally that's why it's designed with the sunroom. I believe it may have been a Miami subs, Quiznos, and something else at one point(?). It's bad, I've been in that general area almost all my life and I can't remember ��.

There's a Hoss's on rt 22 in murrysville. Not sure how many of those are left but only one I know of. Pretty sure there is also a ponderosa in Butler that is still open. I used to love going to buffets when I was a kid.
There's a Hoss's in Greensburg
The Wendy's on rt 286 wasn't a Wendy's originally that's why it's designed with the sunroom. I believe it may have been a Miami subs, Quiznos, and something else at one point(?). It's bad, I've been in that general area almost all my life and I can't remember ��.

There's a Hoss's on rt 22 in murrysville. Not sure how many of those are left but only one I know of. Pretty sure there is also a ponderosa in Butler that is still open. I used to love going to buffets when I was a kid. Originally Posted by swtslnce
I think the Wendy's was originally a Rax Roast Beef.
There’s still no Winkys in Wilmerding