The gift card

Why am I feeling odd about deciding to offer up this $150 gift card to a spa? Is it because it feels cheap or maybe because it's truly not worth a provider's time? Should i just save it for a post-apocalyptic era? Well shit by then, this day spa will be gone, and i would have wasted an opportunity for play-time one of the many gorgeous providers here. Money talks, but I really don't see myself going to a day spa.
Any thoughts?
Providers are usually all about the money, not gift cards or any other type of barter, although you may get one or two who will take you up on the service exchange for the gift card. My advice is go see and pay a provider, and if in your opinion, she is very generous in her service(s), outstanding skills, is not a clock watcher, ect., take the card out and place it with the money. As you said, you are not going to use it for yourself.
For me.. it would depend on WHERE the card is for.... some places that would go much further than others....
How would the Provider know it's worth $150?
Throw the offer out there. The worse they can do is say no. It wont pay the bills but if its something they would be spending money on already, its a wash and they might take you up on it. Especially if its partial payment. Heck, offer the $150 card in exchange for a $100 off the session. Both sides save money.
Good input. All valid points.
@ david - i think i would do that, if i one day find my ATF
@ grace - true, there are some bunk spa places out there i hear
@ prolongus - by calling the spa and confirming the card number
@ obsg - creative. Didnt think of that.
Overall would it be safe to assume that most of the established, "well-off", providers would consider this type of transaction... as opposed to the newer ladies or those who dont get as much business; because cash (at this point) is more of a necessity to them -vs- a luxury.
Do i even make any sense?
Fuck me... im lost. Ha.
Try listing in on craigslist for a bit off face value. You may sell the card and end up with a creepy friend too.
Try listing in on craigslist for a bit off face value. You may sell the card and end up with a creepy friend too. Originally Posted by scottstevens
There are actual websites dedicated to this service, fwiw.